Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 6:19:00 PM EDT
Im really wanting to put together my mint amd-65 kit that has been collecting dust for the last year or so. I know what parts I need. I just need someone to give me a hand that has experience. Let me know what you would like in return for helping me. Im in the DFW area.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Randy Kline at Sledgehammer Arms is a super nice guy, and will help out in anyway he can.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
No one else? I kind of find that hard to believe...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny you should mention it...I'm just now taking a break from turning down a bbl for a super short AK pistol made with a nice Rom bbl, chopped up piston and gas tube, and GT rec...

I would be happy to walk you through it, and am easily bribed with good beer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So how many cases of Schlitz?  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Funny you should mention it...I'm just now taking a break from turning down a bbl for a super short AK pistol made with a nice Rom bbl, chopped up piston and gas tube, and GT rec...

Ok, I am going to send you an email....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how many cases of Schlitz?  

85 cases should about do it... I'll sell them to the locals and buy something drinkable.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been wandering the samething myself. I met The Norm at the Ft Worth gunshow a couple of weeks ago when I was buying a reciver. I am going to try my first build the week after Christmas when I am off of work. If you guys are going to get together to work on some rifles I would like to tag along.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm staying in town for the holidays pretty much, so that week after Xmas could work for me. GMG, you are definitely welcome to join us.

If you guys want to run your list of parts needed for the build, it would be a good idea. Sucks to get 90% done and be missing a rivet or something small that stops you from finishing it...

...and there is a show this weekend to get the rest of what you need!!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got  a straight cut MAK 90 I'd sure like to be made into a compliant folder-anybody I could pay to do this?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]
what kind of folder do you want to do?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Randy Kline at Sledgehammer Arms is a super nice guy, and will help out in anyway he can.

I'll second Randy, a bit late though. He has worked on a number of AKs for me and has done great work each time.

He has done a bunch of mine too. Hes one of the nicest guys ive met, and always willing to make time for you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Whatever I could get on it, I'm not picky, just want it legal
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever I could get on it, I'm not picky, just want it legal

Well there are a few options...the skeleton side folder is the most expensive and labor intensive...then comes the underfolder...

The easiest and least expensive is to build a regular AK, then put a wire sidefolder. They cost between $50 and $90 and you can always go back to the standard stock.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:19:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll second Randy, a bit late though. He has worked on a number of AKs for me and has done great work each time.

+1.  Randy built a Global Trades PMKMS kit for me about a year ago.  Nice work.  I'll be taking a Tantal kit to him as soon as I get the reciever and req US parts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Randy Kline is the guy, he also does great FAL work. RH
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:58:48 AM EDT
[#17]

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top