Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 8:55:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#1]
LLC's are very simple to setup and maintain. You will have to apply for a new FFL; you cannot "transfer" your current FFL from you (an individual) to your new LLC.  Realize that this will take some time to do.

Keith
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you're starting the LLC for  your business, you will want to ensure that you do everying correctly to get limited liability (like treating the LLC like a separate legal person, etc.).  You'll need a member agreement to govern how the LLC operates and there are also numberous taxation issues that you will want to discuss.  

Conclusion - lawyer up.  Call SC Texas or Eric since they're licensed here and they'll get you on the right path.

R.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
i need to set up a llc too if anyone wants to help me
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow this is sure coming up a lot.

Sounds like Christmas is coming early all over the place.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i need to set up a llc too if anyone wants to help me

me too
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#8]

The question is this; can I use the same name with LLC appended?

It shouldn't  be any legal problem to do so.  I have NFA Investments Group LLC as well as NFA Investments. Two separate legal entities, similar name. The hardest part is keeping them separate due to the similar names.

Keith
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Can a Texas incorporated LLC purchase class III weapons and bypass the traditional signoffs by local and govt agencies?

Yes. A Texas LLC ir Corporation is a legal entity and can purchase NFA weapons without the traditional signoff / fingerprints / photographs. This is possible because a Corporation or a LLC does not have any of these attributes. The actual person taking possession of the weapon must either have a Texas CHL or pass a NICS check.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#11]
As a recently licensed Texas attorney I would suggest that you contact an attorney to handle this for you. It is always good to have someone who you know is only looking out for your interests. Everytime I hear about relying on someone else it always makes me a little weary. (Hey, I'm am lawyer what do you want?)
Setting up an LLC, or any limited liability entity for that matter, is something that requires a detailed understadning of the legal requirements and an understanding of your current situation and future aspirations.
If this is not done correctly you could end up in a very bad way. I would suggest contacting an attorney, just to CYA if nothing else. It is always good to have a pre-existing with an attorney as a matter of course, just in case.
Also in case you're wondering I am not trying to land the job, just wanted to give you an opinion.
BTW Congrats to everyone whos' business is doing so well!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:31:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As a recently licensed Texas attorney I would suggest that you contact an attorney to handle this for you. It is always good to have someone who you know is only looking out for your interests. Everytime I hear about relying on someone else it always makes me a little weary. (Hey, I'm am lawyer what do you want?)
Setting up an LLC, or any limited liability entity for that matter, is something that requires a detailed understadning of the legal requirements and an understanding of your current situation and future aspirations.
If this is not done correctly you could end up in a very bad way. I would suggest contacting an attorney, just to CYA if nothing else. It is always good to have a pre-existing with an attorney as a matter of course, just in case.
Also in case you're wondering I am not trying to land the job, just wanted to give you an opinion.
BTW Congrats to everyone whos' business is doing so well!!!

so does this mean you are offering to help
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
If I was in the area I would be more than happy to help. But I am not going to be down in that part of Texas until after February. You would be better served by finding someone local.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
MOONEY...

Contact Bryan Hill at hilllawofficespc.com/.  You will be very happy with his services.  

He rescently helped me set up an LLC.

Be safe,
Leonard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top