Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 6:10:18 AM EDT
Any other members from S.E. Texas back on yet? Just checking  and making sure you faired well. Finally getting my days off back, and have to catch up with the rest of the world as best as I can. 19 days straight of working sucks a butt crack.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
My family evac. from Bridge City to Dallas and stayed with me for a while.  I went back with my dad and stayed for a week.  Things are still pretty rough in the smaller towns, but Beaumont seems to be up and running again.  Will be returning for in a couple more weeks to help my dad some more with the clean up.

Here's a thread I posted with photos I took down there...  My Rita Pics Thread

We should try and put together at S.E. Texas shoot for maybe mid Nov. to relax after all this mess.  God knows my dad could use an excuse to take a day off from cutting up wood.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My family evac. from Bridge City to Dallas and stayed with me for a while.  I went back with my dad and stayed for a week.  Things are still pretty rough in the smaller towns, but Beaumont seems to be up and running again.  Will be returning for in a couple more weeks to help my dad some more with the clean up.

Here's a thread I posted with photos I took down there...  My Rita Pics Thread

We should try and put together at S.E. Texas shoot for maybe mid Nov. to relax after all this mess.  God knows my dad could use an excuse to take a day off from cutting up wood.

EPOCH

Hell of an idea, maybe everyone will eventually get back on here and we can set something up somewhere. I was fortunate not even a missing shingle from the house, couple of trees down. My mailbox looked like a pancake. I went out the morning after, before going to work, to check on the house and I was suprised. There was not as much damage as I expected.

I did see a car in the median on Phelan Blvd, that I'm not too sure how it got there. I didn't see any tire tracks, but I can't believe a strong enough tornado was spawned to do that. But when around checking on friends houses and some houses were plain FUBAR from downed trees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top