crud

mm
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually really like these shows in Pasadena.  Free parking, and always plenty of ammo to buy at good prices.  Deals on other stuff as well.

Howard
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
there are 3 other gun shows in Texas this weekend (Pharr, Belton, and Mesquite), i dont know if any 1 of them will be any better than the other.

i can almost guarantee S.A.W.S. (Jeff Scrhamm - Schramm's Ammo and Weapons Sales), Bachman Pawn & Gun, and AJC Sports (Alan Jones) will all be in Mesquite duking it out with the lowest prices.  they are in an ongoing price war.  seems that every show in the DFW Metroplex is like this.

Pharr is just like it sounds - FAR.  it is on the Mexican border, about 4 hours away from its nearest competing show.

i think its not bad, at least all 4 shows are in different parts of the state.  i remember when two Ft. Worth promoters were doing shows on the same weekend in the same city just to mess with each other.  the end result was that the exhibitors paid dearly - full price for tables and very little turnout.

i don't know which would be the largest of the 4 this weekend, im going to say that Belton will be the smallest though.  i don't even think the tables ever sell out there.  the plus there is that the 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood is re-deploying to Iraq and may come by the show, not to buy guns, but probably to buy accessories and other stuff they can take with them overseas, like folding knives, optics, surefire lights, maybe a Beta Mag, etc.

the Pasadena show i hear is always pretty decent, it is usually sold out for vendors which is a good sign that there is a good turnout!

good luck Robbie, ill see you sometime soon!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:40:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello,  I am new to Texas, just moved to Frisco.  Can someone tell me which show is closest to the northern Dallas area and exactly where it is?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The closest will be in Mesquite at the Big Town thingy.  Take 75 south to 635(LBJ), and then take 635 east to US 80, then US 80 west to Big Town Blvd, and finally Big Town Blvd east and you'll see Big Town on your right hand side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top