Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 11:28:36 AM EDT
I have a Norrell full-auto trigger pack for a 10/22 transferring on a Form 4 now.  I also have a SWR integrally-suppressed 10/22 barrel, which I learned is aluminum and not rated for automatic fire, so I will just have to get another can (getting the Tactical Innovations TAC-16, which is made of steel, rated for automatic fire, and can be disassembled).  Anyway, I plan to use a short barrel and keep the weapon profile short.  Between these following 2 versions, which one would you pick, and why?  Remember, I will be bringing this weapon to future Hun Farm events where you get a chance to shoot this, so choose wisely!  

C&S Metall-Werkes Krinker Plinker and also Krinker Plinker website.

or

Lauer Custom Weaponry Pocket Rifle

or does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas on how I should set up my full-auto 10/22 in conjunction with a suppressor?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The Lauer, no contest. How much did that trigger pack run you?

ETA: I guess I should say why.

The Lauer is shorter overall, suppressed, and is a design unique to the 10/22

The Ak, screams "I wish I had a full auto AK, but this is as close as I could get." A 10/22 made to look like an AK just doesn't impress me. The Lauer looks like a lot more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I was kind of leaning toward the LCW Pocket Rifle as well, just because I don't really like the AK platform.  The only things I like on the C&S Krinker Plinker are the front and rear iron sights and the low-profile scope rail.

Also, FYI, the C&S Krinker Plinker can be suppressed as well, the barrel has ½ x 28 threads:

ETA:  my Norrell 10/22 trigger pack was $7800, it has the button in the trigger rather than the selector lever.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
the lcw

you can always get the barrel threaded to whatever you want.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, here's another option:  Ruger AC-556K look-alike

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I loke a shorty, integrally suppressed barrel, with a folding stock and a red dot scope.

Keith

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

On related topic.  Hi-cap 10/22 mags are sucked, rarely reliable.

Yeah, that was going to be my next question:  which high-capacity .22LR mags work best in the 10/22?  I've got Eagle, Ramline, Butler Creek hotlips, Butler Creek steel lips.

Have you seen the new ones made of aluminum Tactical Innovations?  Just wonder if that's kind of heavy sticking out the bottom of the weapon.

Someone used to make drum magazines for the 10/22, do you know whether any of those were any good?  I'd like to see a clear Beta mag for the 10/22...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

On related topic.  Hi-cap 10/22 mags are sucked, rarely reliable.

I have tried:

25 Round Condor (preban)
30 Round RamLine (preban)
50 Round RamLine (preban)
25 Round Butler Creek Hot Lips
25 Round Butler Creek Steel Lips
30 Round RamLine
50 Round RamLine

The Condor Magazines work pretty well, as do the preban RamLine. The postban RamLine are a dissapointment. I am lucky to even be able to load them to 75% capacity, asking them to actually work is asking too much. Maybe 10% of the time they will work without problems. Butler Creek work well, the Steel Lips cost more, but will last longer.

Right now I am only buying Butler Creek Steel Lips.

I have also used the Butler Creek Loader and the RamLine Loader. Both work well, but when they jam up it is often a pain to unjam them.

I put a strip of red tape on each magazine, when it jams, I put a hash mark on it. 5 hash marks and it goes in the trash or back to MFG if still under warranty. RamLine only has a 90 day warranty, so if you buy them, try them right way.

As for ammo, I use CCI Mini-Mag. Have also used CCI Stingers, RPM is over 1500+ with that. Sounds like a buzz saw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top