Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 9:05:07 AM EDT
Have a friends rifle while he's away at law school and wanted to do it as a gift/surprise when he comes back.  (he's already said he'll do it next year when he gets back).

Just wanted to know if anyone in the houston area can thread the barrel.

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure.

Talk to Vandenberg Custom.  He can fix you up.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I think NFA_Investments has a lathe and can thread barrels.  Not to mention he's an exceedingly nice guy.  But be careful, if you go there he'll plant all kinds of bad ideas in your head about buying cool toys.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think NFA_Investments has a lathe and can thread barrels.  Not to mention he's an exceedingly nice guy.  But be careful, if you go there he'll plant all kinds of bad ideas in your head about buying cool toys.

like cans and SBRs
yea that NFA investmetnts guy is like that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, Keith is a great guy, I'll ask him.

-mark
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

like cans and SBRs
yea that NFA investmetnts guy is like that.

NFA investyournuts? what?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
But the best thing about Keith is that his office and workshop are SPOTLESS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Mark,

Not trying to cut Keith out, but I also know an excellent weapon machinist on our side of town.  He does great work, and his prices are reasonable; he charged me $20 to pin my Vortex, and gave me my carbine back the next day.  Just letting you know of another option that is available.

Take care, John
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
NFA INVESTMENTS is the man to see!   If you need you can check out some of his work.  My Bushie A2 HBAR was threaded by him.  He put an A1 hider (per my request) on it.    It looks good, so i you want you can drive to my general location (beltway 8/ katy fw area) and check out his work.  Infact I still need him to do a thin barrel for me sometime soon.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sure.

Talk to Vandenberg Custom.  He can fix you up.  

CMOS

+1
I had him do exactly what you want to do and he does real good work.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sure.

Talk to Vandenberg Custom. He can fix you up.

CMOS

+1
I had him do exactly what you want to do and he does real good work.

I'm sure he does good work, but his turn around times are outrageous and his work is no better than the next guy.  I emailed him to cut down a barrel and thread it for me.  He said 6 weeks minimum!  That is crazy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#11]
nfa investments did two barrels for me and the turnaround was the next day as well and what was even better was that he happened to be going to a shop near me so it was pretty much dropped off.

super great price, work and turnaround.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all of the feedback.

As of what went down yesterday with my only AR15, I will have to put threading my friends AR on the back burner until I get this problem solved, or get another upper/barrel.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=252234
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#13]
After reading your saga, I will going home tonite and making sure no 5.45 made its way into my 5.56 stash.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
After reading your saga, I will going home tonite and making sure no 5.45 made its way into my 5.56 stash.

im making sure i dont have anything in that caliber
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#15]

But the best thing about Keith is that his office and workshop are SPOTLESS.

Ray Charles? Is that really you???
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Keith, NFA Investments, or Ed Vandenburg are both imminently capable of threading your bbl.
Both are great guys.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top