Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:49:57 PM EDT
Has anyone been to the Texas Military Forces Museum at Camp Mabry in Austin, Texas?  What are your thoughts and comments?  Is it worth visiting?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been to it (used to drill at Camp Mabry) and the museum is pretty interesting!

Lots of items from different ages.  Texas Revolution (Diorama of the Storming of the Alamo!) to the Gulf Wars.

Great military vehicle collection from WWII to Modern (Shermans, Priest, Hertzer, APCs, Tanks, Duster - (still trying to figure out to to "borrow" that one - Twin 40MM fun!!)

I'd recommend it !

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It is where my reenacting unit's Hetzer is kept, so yes it is worth visiting.  Not too big, just some vehicles, etc.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Was member there last year.  It is a good place to go.  You will need photo id to get into the camp.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought the military vehicles were very very cool, but I like that kind of stuff.

I'd say it's definitely worth the effort.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Of all the strange things....  I just went there for the first time with my Grandfather (O6 Retired).  Well worth seeing, lots of interesting curios.  Bring your ID though, and don't laugh at the new civillian guards who have no weapons.  Old gate is shut down from the last time I was there, and now you have to go in from the side.

IO1
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was member there last year.  It is a good place to go.  You will need photo id to get into the camp.

Would his Mexican ID work?  

It would probably get him a job!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can illegal alien get a job?  

In Texas??  Are you kidding?  

TXL
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can illegal alien get a job?  

In Texas??  Are you kidding?  

TXL

+ 1,000,000    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top