Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:00:42 AM EDT
Ok, here is the deal.  My sister has since divorced the asshole that gave her this fine Lightweight Officers 45.  He had some stuff engraved on it, and I would like to see if I can get something done about it.  Can it be buffed out, filled in and then buffed out, etc?  Any help and names of COMPETENT people who could do this in the Houston area would be appreciated.  I am on the Sw side of town.   Sorry about the somewhat fuzzy pictures.

Maybe SC Texas has seen something like this before in his line of work.  

Howard

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Prolly cheaper to buy a new slide
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]
uhsammy,

Nobody in the Houston area can do this (correctly).

I highly recommend "Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing." = FORD'S

Thay can remove the engraving and put anything you want back on.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]
CMOS, thanks.  These guys look like they could do it, as it appears they have done similar stuff for other people.  Have you or anyone else used these guys?  It is an expensive gun so I hate to send  off the slide  without knowing something about them.  

Howard
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
CMOS, thanks.  These guys look like they could do it, as it appears they have done similar stuff for other people.  Have you or anyone else used these guys?  It is an expensive gun so I hate to send  off the slide  without knowing something about them.  

Howard

Oh gosh yes.  They've done work on my HK P7.  Same thing - removed some importer's markings and re-engraved the original HK text and logos.  Great work.  

I know MANY people that have had this same type of work done on their pistols.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool.  Will make contact and get things rolling.  My sister will be happy.  

Howard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top