Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 4:08:19 AM EDT
Any body know how Nederland came thru the Rita Thing???
My mom lives there, so does O.P.
Thx, Wayne B.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
heard they took a good beating.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]
second hand info, but supposedly the Nederland High School took a good beating.  Many of the businesses on Nederlad Ave. are also damaged.  The SuperWalmart on Twin City also suffered roof damage.  And Central Mall also significant roof damage.

Not sure about the residential neighborhoods

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys, i called the P.D. , they said no one back in until water and sewer was working, power will take some time yet. My sister lives in High Island, their place is ok, but no power for some time . They will let people back in today that live there.Later, Wayne B.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
just got back from Port Neches, both it and Nederland are really messed up.     My parents house had a lot of roof damage and they are waiting to get back in with a genny and fuel, but no dice  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top