Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 11:29:36 AM EDT
If there are any zavalla ar15.com members, please hit me with a im message.  Worried about my house there.  It is off of Cooper Road right outside of town.  

Howard
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone drive thru zavalla on their way back to Houston?  I hear that my house has been spared but nit my timber.  I am VERY lucky. I heard through the grapevine from relatives that all churches in Zavalla opened as shelters except for the Pentecostal church.  They told peopl who were stranded that there was no need to open , as they should just pray and the storm would go away.  

Howard
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Me to.  I am very lucky.  There are several large pecan trees around the house that are almost 100 years old.  One behind the house died recently, and i was worried  that one would be laying across the house.  THe house is really neat, as it is built out of old growth long leaf pine on the inside, and is really neat.  It would be a shame to lose it, as you can't buy that type of wood any more. It just doesn't really exist, as it was all logged in the 40's and 50's  for the war effort and then for the building of suburban america.  The only trees like that are now in national forests for the most part.  

We have a bunker and trench system there where we hold WWII reenactments, and some bunk houses made out of pine trees chinked with concrete. No report on those yet.  

Howard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top