Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:43:12 AM EDT
My parents are held up at our lake house in woodville and I heard traffic is horrible coming out of beaumont.  

Everyone able to get out?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
My mother and sis left wed. took 7 hrs. to get north of beaumont, they went up to a inn north of Jasper, i hope that is far enough. Mom's house in Nedeerland is 4 ft. above sea level.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
My friend spent 10 hours getting from Katy to Austin yesterday..

If I was still there today, I think I might be inclined to try and bunker down rather then get caught out on the highway with no gas and no cover..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a friend coming from Dowlen in beaumont to Kirbville. Left at 6:00 AM, got home at 3:00 PM.

Traffic's terrible, wind is starting to pick up. Still haven't seen any rain.

My family is either here, or on Seneca road in Woodville... Except for dad, who's sticking it out in Ivanhoe.

We're in Mount Union, between Spurger and Kirbyville. Hunkered down, we've got roofing tin between the walls and the burglar bars.

She's Cat 3 right now, and at the gates. We couldn't leave if we wanted to. Which we don't.

-Cap'n

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got a friend coming from Dowlen in beaumont to Kirbville. Left at 6:00 AM, got home at 3:00 PM.

My family is either here, or on Seneca road in Woodville... Except for dad, who's sticking it out in Ivanhoe.

We're in Mount Union, between Spurger and Kirbyville. Hunkered down, we've got roofing tin between the walls and the burglar bars.

She's Cat 3 right now, and at the gates. We couldn't leave if we wanted to. Which we don't.

-Cap'n

my parents are in ivanhoe too.  Small world.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
a friend was on 290 for 6hrs and traveled 2mi.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Cap'n

my parents are in ivanhoe too.  Small world.  

They drained the lakes a little the other day, and with the new dams and spillways they should be good to go this time around. I was there... Day before yesterday? Everything all over Ivanhoe looked pretty much in order.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
good to hear, i was there the last time the dams broke.  I hope these new ones hold.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Myself and my wife are both from Woodville and now live between Anderson and Navasota. All of family have left Woodville to head north. We told them they could head this way and stay with us.
A good friend of mine lives in Ivanhoe and also have friends that live on Senica Road also. It's a small world!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Our house is high enough that we don't have to worry about flooding.  The last time the dams broke, the water was a good 6ft below the house level.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top