Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 6:42:19 AM EDT

I'm up in the Conroe area & haven't been too worried about the approaching storm
(I've got my supplies in order) BUT the size & strength of this storm has me wondering
if I should be boarding up my windows out here some 90miles from Galveston  

I've only got 2-3 trees close enough to the house to worry about roof damage, even
those it would be a stretch to hit the house.

I guess flying debree is the biggest concern at 70mph+ winds ??
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
NO.  you don't need to board your windows.
you will be safe.
save the plywood for folks on the coast.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
+ 1

Keep an eye out for "hot" electric wires if/when they come down--really nasty shit.

Pools of water could be lectrified, metal stuff touching downed wires will zap ya.

Be extra-careful.

I just had a buddy zap himself farting around with a dropped wire over his XX-wide. Not pretty.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]

well they're predicting the potential for 100mph+ winds as far north as Conroe now

glad I picked up some 4x8  sheets this morning
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Boarding my windos on the south east side of the house.

Take care and stay dry!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto that, Tim!  I plan on boarding up all I can tomorrow. I think we will ride the storm out here, but that may change. As of 1:00 A<. 175 mph steady, 215 mph gusts. Movement now W-NW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top