Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 4:16:48 PM EDT
I am thinking about putting an AccuPoint on one of my rifles.  Since I have never seen one directly, I was hoping that someone in the Houston area might have one that I can check out.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF is an accupoint?

Is it better than an AIMPOINT?

How about an EOTECH?

I bet the TAC-POINT is better than all of then and for only $75.00 anyway.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WTF is an accupoint?

How about an EOTECH?

www.houstonattorney.org/images/Emoticon/airsoftforumisthatway.gif

Quoted:
Trijicon AccuPoint

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WTF is an accupoint?

How about an EOTECH?

What hk940 said....damn newbs, what are we ever going to do with y'all?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF is an accupoint?

How about an EOTECH?

Quoted:
Trijicon AccuPoint

img84.imageshack.us/img84/4573/ownednail4bp.jpg

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
but i would also like to know when you go test out the accupoint if you find someone with one to let you test it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
my favorite owned pic:

this is a funny one as well:

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Tacpoints RULE! or was it drool?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
my favorite owned pic:

www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/deathinthedarkowned.jpg

www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/howsharpismylightsaber.jpg.jpg

that first one was just plain wrong
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
my favorite owned pic:

www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/deathinthedarkowned.jpg

www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/howsharpismylightsaber.jpg.jpg

that first one was just plain wrong

yeah, those were some sick mofos who made them.

there's some others on there that are worse!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

what are tacpoints?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what are tacpoints?

ripoff's of the aimpoint taiwan copies or was it korean

what you doin this weeked? get your rifle yet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what are tacpoints?

ripoff's of the aimpoint taiwan copies or was it korean

what you doin this weeked? get your rifle yet?

yeah, I got it......

the muzzle break actually produces slight opposite recoil! actually jumps forward a slight bit on every trigger pull.  Also had a nice soft match type trigger installed, I love it.  Just waiting to get my kalinka optics POSP scope in today or tomorrow.  

I ordered this one:

www.kalinkaoptics.com/cgi-bin/kowstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=GSPOSP424AK1

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You've seen my carbine; what ever made you think that I would put POS optics on one of my other weapons...much less one intended for harvesting game?

OK, I guess that it is now time to let you off the hook for making one obviously hasty post.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I just purchased the 1.25x4x26 from SWFA for $400.00.  Have been to the range with it just once so far and I love it.  I put it on my DPMS Panther 16" for 3-gun matches.  It does take getting used to shooting with only a post w/ triangle top.  Focus is easy and the scope is very clear.  Check out the sample list on the SWFA web sight as they have the 1.25x4x26 and the 3x9x40.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the insight; I am looking at the 3-9x40 or 2.5-10x56 [30mm] for a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just purchased the 1.25x4x26 from SWFA for $400.00.  Have been to the range with it just once so far and I love it.  I put it on my DPMS Panther 16" for 3-gun matches.  It does take getting used to shooting with only a post w/ triangle top.  Focus is easy and the scope is very clear.  Check out the sample list on the SWFA web sight as they have the 1.25x4x26 and the 3x9x40.

How you get it so cheap.. its 540 on their site.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How you get it so cheap.. its 540 on their site.

theres a sample list which has demo's and other not new scopes for less
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Cool, I knew you wouldn't put a POS on one of your frontline guns.

I like my tac-points, they are the BEST at what they are intended to do- 2nd line guns that are only used for fun i.e. my MAC-10s and other machineguns.  

I damn sure don't put them on my frontline guns.  AIM-POINTS and EO-TECHSs.

Why are you choosing the ACCU-Point over a mil-dot reticule Leupold?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#21]
where can I get a tac-point?  sounds like my kind of cheap optics
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
where can I get a tac-point?  sounds like my kind of cheap optics

the equipment exchange

ameetec sells them, think grant has the s.p.o.t. which is supposedly better and comes with a nice mount too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Thanks for the insight; I am looking at the 3-9x40 or 2.5-10x56 [30mm] for a bolt gun.

I could be wrong, it has happened before, but the only Trijicon AccuPoints I have seen advertised are the 1.25x4x24 and the 3x9x40.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually Sean, my hunting rifles already have Leupold VX-III's on them, in various magnification ranges.  The problem is that the damn deer seem to suddenly appear right at dusk, so I thought I would try an illuminated reticle.  Figuring that Trijicon specializes in illuminated sights, the AccuPoint seemed like something worth checking out.  I am not familiar with the mil-dot Leupold's; are they illuminated?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could be wrong, it has happened before, but the only Trijicon AccuPoints I have seen advertised are the 1.25x4x24 and the 3x9x40.

Trijicon's website also list the TR22/22R in 2.5-10x56 w/a 30mm tube.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like I am wrong again and it probably will not be the last time either.  FYI, the triangle in the Trijicon is adjustable for the brightness you want or you can rotate the cover so the post and triangle are black.  The triangle is illuminated at night and in low light conditions by a tritium (sp) insert and it is the same size day or night.  I have not had the chance to shoot at night yet but I am looking forward to it.  This scope should be kick ass for varmint hunting at night.  The windage and elevation knobs can be reset to zero by just turning them.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like I am wrong again and it probably will not be the last time either.  FYI, the triangle in the Trijicon is adjustable for the brightness you want or you can rotate the cover so the post and triangle are black.  The triangle is illuminated at night and in low light conditions by a tritium (sp) insert and it is the same size day or night.  I have not had the chance to shoot at night yet but I am looking forward to it.  This scope should be kick ass for varmint hunting at night.  The windage and elevation knobs can be reset to zero by just turning them.  

the 2.5-10x is a new scope and dont think it has hit the shelves yet. if i were to get a accupoint this would be the one.

also to note the accupoint works like the acogs.

tritium for night illumination
fiber optic for day illumination

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I was sort of honing in on the 3-9x40 as it should work with the existing mounts on the particular rifle that I have in mind to try it on.  

I have a 3.5-10x50 on another analagous weapon to the one with the 2.5-8x36 [my preferred weapon], but the cheek weld is not quite as comfortable with the tall mounts needed to accommodate the larger objective.  Granted, the light gathering ability of the big objective is desireable, but so is handling in the bush, and comfort/confidence when squeezing.

One of my peeves is folks with ultra magnum calibers and mega magnification optics for whitetails.  The vast majority of my harvests have been taken with relatively light calibers [and quality projectiles], and optics set at lower magnifications; proper concentration to achieve shot placement is far more important than anything else IMHO.

Come on deer season!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#29]
where do you hunt at?

use to be able to hunt on a piece of land my family owned but we have sinced sold it and relocated to a close lot but it doesnt have any type of life form running around
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I am not familiar with the mil-dot Leupold's; are they illuminated?

I beleive that some of the Leupolds are illuminated.  I have a Springfield Armory 4-14 x 50 that is illuminated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:53:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Eklik, unfortunately, I don't have a lease, so I pretty much rely on invites.  I usually make an early dove hunt near Winnie and a teal/duck hunt north of Katy; the past few years I 've been fortunate enough to harvest some pretty good deer and turkey near Menard; last year I got a really nice buck, a couple hogs, a javalina, and a Nilgai down near Raymondville, and it looks like I will be going back this year, although the whitetail will be off limits; year before last, I shot a nearly 300# hog near Del Rio.  We used to make an annual muzzleloader hunt to the national forests in NW Arkansas, but they have changed the regs the past few years, and what used to be pretty tough hunting is now extremely challenging.

Sean, I saw some illuminated reticles on Leupold's website, but since they are new models, I wonder how far up the learning curve they are as compared to Trijicon?  I actually considered an ACOG, but the required mount would put it really high above the bore; that's what got me thinking about the AccuPoint, plus they are variable magnification.  S&B is just too much money IMO, but who knows, I might get a wild hair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top