Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 7:32:56 PM EDT
I drove by the new McKinney walmart which is next to the refugee center in the old walmart.  There was 1 marked police car and 1 unmarked police car at the store, and right behind the refugee center there was another set (marked & unmarked) with about 8 black people cuffed!  I drove back around and saw one cop walking around the side with a black guy in a jersey and the marked car was leaving.  The other blacks were up against the wall with an officer watching over them.

a thought: if local drug dealers know that the drug addicted refugees are looking for a fix, then they would probably be dealing near the refugee centers....
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't the "hood" right across the street from the old walmart?

Saves the crack heads a long commute.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I was told by an HPD officer that "headquarters" instructed them to NOT talk to the media about the "refugee" crime.

And there  is plenty of it . . .

CCW!

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Really, CMOS?? It hasn't spread to Katy has it?? I'll need to get that AR build done ASAP...just in case!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone heard about HUD buying up some houses in Katy in order to house the refugees from NO?  This may just be a nasty rumour.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Has anyone heard about HUD buying up some houses in Katy in order to house the refugees from NO?  This may just be a nasty rumour.  

Where I am, everybody with a brain took their home/APT off the market 10+ days ago.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I heard that also, but can't confirm it in any way.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where I am, everybody with a brain took their home/APT off the market 10+ days ago.

Very smart!!

I get so frustrated hearing stories about the refugees causing crime. They don't understand the concept of "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Really, CMOS?? It hasn't spread to Katy has it?? I'll need to get that AR build done ASAP...just in case!

Yes!

A woman I work with lives in Katy.  SHe says here church is housing some refugees and they are ALL about "gimme this" and "I wants this."

UN-real.

Make preparations guys.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]
70 years of "the dole" in NO has produced generations of "YOU GOTS--I WANTS!" folks.

It's like these folks have never been told: "Get up off your arses and get a job." Happened to this poor dumb boy at age 15. Been pluggin these 50 year.

This whole Katrina thing, (above and beyond the obvious catastrophe), has been a really big WAKE-UP CALL to America. Can any country survive with hundreds of thousands of bitchers and moaners, who produce nothing and consume everything? Like locust! Lookit any history--Egypt, Assyria, Greece, Rome, did fine as empires until the consumers got the best of the producers. BINGO! Down they go like a ton a brick. ? We any different?

Last I heard, the SuperDome in NO had about $7 million in damage to it by 20,000 "refugees."
Think about it! The SuperDome would host 70,000+ for a rowdy game, no problem. BUT, put in these low-lifes for a few days, and the place is totally trashed!

About time this country got pissed off enough to call this attitude what it is: a mind-set of criminality of the  worst type. Always conniving for "Something for nothing." Crooks! Folks: even in physics--something never comes from nothing!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I have to say I totally expected this kind of crap from the storm refugees.  The way I was brought up, you go to family first if you need help, then you go to your church, and then you go to your government if you have no alternatives.  

Maybe some of these people really didn't have the first two alternatives, but I think many of them did, and were already busy taking from society and not giving to it before the disaster hit.  

I hope that if I ever find myself in a difficult position like that, that I will graciously thank the Lord that I am alive, and be grateful for whatever I am given from those willing to give.  The last thing this entire fiasco should be teaching these people is that they are entitled to anything.  If this sort of wholesale destruction will not teach people to be humble, then nothing will.  

If they think this is some sort of excuse to let loose in our backyard, they are sorely mistaken.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Dudes -

I don't think everyone that is black and from NO is on drugs and a criminal - being black and poor is not a crime - dealing drugs, shooting and raping are !   That said - one good lesson from NO is never assume that the Police are there to protect (or help) you - you need to do that for yourself.

Northbilly - warped but hopefully not too prejudice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top