Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 5:53:43 PM EDT
with all that is going on in no has me thinking. what is Texas law on forced evacuations? if i remember correctly, a law passed not to long about this. anyone know anything about it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Once martial law is enforced..... anything goes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Once martial law is enforced..... anything goes.

what i was thinking.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it matter what the law is? Does it matter if our government blatantly violates the Constitution?

Things are getting to the point where these questions are moot..... which means that we are headed for a train-wreck.

Did you notice all those shown on the news being forced out were not black?  Hmmmm.... I wonder how that happened.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to say it but if anyone came to "evacuate" me (for "safety" reasons) or take my guns (for "safety" reasons) I would damn sure die in the process.

Along with a BUNCH of them.

I could not live with myself if Ijust bleated away like the rest of the sheeple.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Honor, justice, and humanity, forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us. We cannot endure the infamy and guilt of resigning succeeding generations to that wretchedness which inevitably awaits them if we basely entail hereditary bondage on them.--Thomas Jefferson

Righteous men sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behaf......George Orwell

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.--Thomas Jefferson

What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.--Thomas Jefferson

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, 'What should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" --Samuel Adams

'nuff said.  This shit cannot be allowed to stand!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#6]
There is no law in a state of "emergency."  Who has the most guns, wins.  That the abrogation of our Constitution has occurred without the notice or concern of most American citizens is shameful.  As long as that abrogation is executed for the "common good," all is well among the sheep.  After all, it's only happening to those poor ignorant people in New Orleans who don't know better than to think they possess private property and are protected by the Constitution from unreasonable search and/or seizure of said property.  Those sad fools.  Don't they know the definition of "unreasonable" changes on the whim of those in power?

Nobody cares, folks.  As long as most of the sheep are in good grazing, the common good is acheived and all is well.  If there is a lesson to be learned here it is to take what steps we can to make sure we are never in the way of the common good.

This shit will stand, and it will be supported by the sheep.  Knowing it is a waste of time, I communicate with my elected representatives, hassle the various media outlets, support those initiatives I feel reinfore the notion of individual liberty and personal responsibility.  To no avail, of course.

Each of us must be aware of the lumbering, heartless black beast that is the common good.  Thank God for the Internet.  Without it the beast would have totally free reign, a perfect information vacuum into which to inject the source of it's power: FEAR.  Make the people ignorant, then make them fearful, then subjugate them by "protecting" them from what you've frightened them of.  Tin foil?  Evil conspiracy?  Nope, those in charge invariably believe they're doing the Right Thing.  They don't realize what they are really accomplishing.

So there will be forced evacuations in Texas during disaster.  Whether there is a law on the books regarding it is irrelevant.  There will be confiscations of property in the name of the common good.  This state is now majority sheep, and that will be reflected in our reaction when it is our turn under the boot of the common good.

Alpine
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is no law in a state of "emergency."  Who has the most guns, wins.  

Nobody cares, folks.  As long as most of the sheep are in good grazing, the common good is acheived and all is well.  

So there will be forced evacuations in Texas during disaster.  Whether there is a law on the books regarding it is irrelevant.  There will be confiscations of property in the name of the common good.  This state is now majority sheep, and that will be reflected in our reaction when it is our turn under the boot of the common good.

Alpine

Exactly, we are far beyond too late to turn this turd around.  Fortunately I have family out in the country, that's where we'll hold if if need be.  Country folk are armed, level headed, don't have problems found in the ghetto and won't tolerate that bullshit either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top