Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 3:52:00 AM EDT
SITREP: My CHL expires on Oct. 30.  I need to find a good renewal class to take this weekend.  (yeah yeah, I know I'm running late.)  Anyone know of a good (read: cheap) instructor in Houston?

Second part of the problem is that I lost my wallet ...so I don't have my CHL.  Instead of paying the 35 bucks for the replacement, I just want to go ahead with my renewal.  (Because of the delay in replacement, I'd get my replacement license only a few days before it was expired, anyway.)

Does anyone see any problem with this?  I have the letter with my new PIN number from DPS prompting me for renewal, if the instructor needs it for proof.

Sorry so long winded.  Anybody have any info?

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Renewal classes at Hot Wells

Call Cheryl.  She has a renewal class on Saturday.  There might be some spaces open.  832.279.0145
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Renewal classes at Hot Wells

Call Cheryl.  She has a renewal class on Saturday.  There might be some spaces open.  832.279.0145

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys.  Cheryl is working me in on Saturday, even though the class is full.  She sounds like a class act.

If anyone is ever in the same position as I am, your existing CHL license number is listed under the date on the renewal reminder you get in the mail.  You'll need it to do the online registration along with your PIN number, your DL number and a Mastercard or Visa.

You can do all this at http://www.texasonline.com
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad you found a class - and good luck!

I was going to suggest Tiger Valley.  Worth the 3.5 hr drive IMO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If any of you guys need it.  I am an instructor for the CHL course,  

I am in the DFW area,  send me an e-mail if needed.

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top