Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 2:30:39 PM EDT
rode my bicycle to work along the access roads of US 281 in San Antonio. 12.6 miles at 21.6mph avg.
All drivers were friendly and gave me room. One old guy at a stoplight rolled down his window and harangued that since the French are treating Lance so badly, he's going to come out of retirement and "woop their butts", and that Lance was the best man at his daughter's wedding, and...he was still talking when he drove off

My ride is high quality, but well used. I lay it down a lot:

Now, what should I do with the $2.87 in gas I saved?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now, what should I do with the $2.87 in gas I saved?

Buy me a gun.

Now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I could get you 50rnds of 9mm from Academy. How about that? But then I'd have to ride tomorrow to save enough to ship it. I want to slip my tube steak into your sister. What'll you take in trade?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You can almost buy a gallon of gas.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet ride...

Mine is hanging upside down bat-style in the garage...need to pull it out and ride it.

Buy me a gun too, dammit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Well done.  WHo knows, you might start a whole cultural revolution and have all of us riding bikes, sipping on Starbucks Latte', and eating Tofu.

Then again, monkeys just might flyout of my butt.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I pulled my down from the attic last week as well.  Had to put a new tube in it, and clean my shifters, but it's working again.  Using it for little trips around my place.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well done.  WHo knows, you might start a whole cultural revolution and have all of us riding bikes, sipping on Starbucks Latte', and eating Tofu.

Then again, monkeys just might flyout of my butt.  

CMOS

Ha! Starbucks sippers don't carry Cz-75's when they ride, and tofu shrinks your brain. I don't know where the eco-friendly cyclist stereotype got started, but all of the riders I know ride because it's fast and fun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
it's fast and fun.

So is stormin your local crack house with your fav. sub gun!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I could get you 50rnds of 9mm from Academy. How about that? But then I'd have to ride tomorrow to save enough to ship it. I want to slip my tube steak into your sister. What'll you take in trade?

Stay clear of Blazer
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I buy Barnaul because they make the best 5.45x39, and I want to keep them in business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top