Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 7:23:18 AM EDT
Who has the best CHL class in Houston?  I'm thinking it's time for me and the Mrs. to take the plunge.
TIA!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#1]
jim pruetts

have heard a lot of guys talk highly of his classes.

i took mine at texas shooters and would recomend them but they have closed down.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
jim pruetts

i took mine at texas shooters and would recomend them but they have closed down.

I took my CHL class w/ Pruetts before I started working there.  Sam, Jim's son, is an excellent instructor.  Message me if you want some details.  I've got another AFR.commer signed up for the class.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Definately Pruett's.  I guess he still feeds students, right?  Bought my Kimber from him.  Heard him saying he was thinking of buying the gun (it was used) while I was looking at it.  Heard him saying a month later to someone that he had sold his old Kimber there a month before.  Don't know how true either statement was but I thought it was funny as hell.  Now that I've moved away from Houston, I've thought about driving my wife down there to get her CHL.  They are that good and I trust them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The cheapest place you can find.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I teach and have a class upcoming on October 15 (saturday) 8a-5p, held at the Dickinson Police Department. Contact me for further if interested
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:21:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
jim pruetts

I took my CHL class w/ Pruetts before I started working there.  Sam, Jim's son, is an excellent instructor.  Message me if you want some details.  I've got another AFR.commer signed up for the class.

Any idea what the class schedule would be like around the end of October or beginning of November?? I plan on doing my CHL when I'm home on R&R.
And a chance to meet one of the original radio gods to boot!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
jim pruetts

Any idea what the class schedule would be like around the end of October or beginning of November?? I plan on doing my CHL when I'm home on R&R.
And a chance to meet one of the original radio gods to boot!!!

message sent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]

I did mine at Top Gun Range in the Galleria area.  Ken (instructor) is a straight shooter, excuse the pun, and a good instructor.  It costs a bit more (Galleria), but the classroom and range are very nice and comfortable.  Also, they offer 2-part classes, so you can have two 5-hour evenings instead of a full 10-hour day.

Here is their schedule.  Nothing against any others, this is just where I did mine, and I'd recommend it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top