Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:22 PM EDT
OK, so Houston took in 25,000, San Antonio took in 25,000, and Dallas took in another 25,000 and there are still more people to evacuate. I have a feeling that alot of them are going to wind up in TX because it is close and there are alot of places for these people to go. I also have a feeling that once these people get here they are going to stay. After all, there is nothing for them to go back to in NO. This leads to my question:

I know I'm probably way out of line asking this, but is anyone else worried about the change in demographic that this influx of people is going to have? Mind you, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RACE. Skin color doesn't bother me. The fact that most of these evacuees were bottom feeding teet suckers who didn't move an inch without big brother's help does bother me. What I'm worried about is having tens of thousands of new comers who'll be looking for a handout and leeching off of the working people in this state.

Go ahead, let me have it. I'm a new comer myself and I don't have any room to be pointing the dirty end of the stick at anyone else. OK, but I just remember seeing those people sitting outside the New Orleans Convention Center chanting "WE WANT HELP, WE WANT HELP", and I think that we're going to be hearing that for a looooong time to come. I don't want anyone to turn our red state blue.

Go ahead, flame away.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
i too worry about the future of our state
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
No flaming here......I personally share in your concern.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#3]
why are you worrying about this now?  hate to remind you that texas just recently became one of the few states to have a minority majority population, and 90% or more of that minority are hispanic immigrants.  So because maybe 100,000 LA refugees are coming you're pointing it out?  I'm more worried about becoming part of greater mexico (which will happen eventually) than living next to OTHER americans.  I seriously doubt it will make the slightest dent in your way of life, any more than what the influx of immigrants has done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
100,000 LA folks is nothing compared to ther millions of illegal immigrants already here. By Xmas, an equal number of illegal immigrants will have arrive.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to split a point,

But the VAST majority of the immigrants from South of the Border are Hard Working and Honest Amigos who just want a better life for themselves and their family.  (The Old American Way).  They traveled long distances (without bitching that their buses were not airconditioned or they had bottled water and sandwiches) to WORK for a living.

Whereas most of the "immigrants" from East of our border seem to be lazy do nothings addicted to the Govt. Teat who who would only get off their asses to steal something. (the New American Way).

I'm sure that our Eastern input will probably offset the productivity gains from our Southern Input.

Am I Wrong??

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not to split a point,

But the VAST majority of the immigrants from South of the Border are Hard Working and Honest Amigos who just want a better life for themselves and their family.  (The Old American Way).  They traveled long distances (without bitching that their buses were not airconditioned or they had bottled water and sandwiches) to WORK for a living.

I agree, my wife's parents are an example, but my point was I don't think it will make much difference considering already how many refugees/immigrants are already here.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top