Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:48:09 PM EDT

Thanks for supporting Jessie's fund raising earlier this week.

The City of Dallas is housing refugees at several shelters, Reunion Arena and the Dallas Convention Center.  We need help, the buses just keep coming and coming.

Dallas Fire and Rescue will be accepting food donations for the North Texas Food Bank from Saturday the 3rd of Sept until the 18th of Sept.  Everything helps.

The American Red Cross needs money donations and volunteers, please contact your local Chapter of the Armerican Red Cross.

The Salvation Army is accepting cash donations to be able to assist the refugees now in the DFW area.

If you have needed skills, please go to the Volunteers of North Texas Website and enter yourself  into their skillbank.   www.volunteernorthtexas.org/volunteercenter

DISD may also need assistance with all the displaced students that will be enrolling into the schools in the next few days/weeks.  www.dallasisd.org/

Edited to Add:  I forgot the critters.

Humane Society of the United States Disaster Relief Fund                                                       secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005?

Noah's Wish
www.noahswish.org/index.htm

Thanks,

mm
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had six humans and three canines at my 20 since Sunday....it has been a bit stressful, but this is family.  They seem to be mostly interested in food and shelter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top