Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:47:39 PM EDT
I have a question about who can pickup a rifle from a firearms dealer.  Here goes the situation:  I bought a LMT rifle from Pete at Legal Transfers, and I need an FFL to ship it to.  Now, I was wondering if an immediate family member, say my older brother, could pick up the rifle for me.  The reason I ask this is because I’m currently stationed in San Diego, CA and won’t be able to go home until early 2006.  If this is illegal, please delete immediately.  I apologize if this has been posted before, I just couldn’t find anything on this topic.

Thanks,

Marco

If this is legal, is there any FFL willing to help me out.  My older brother lives near Antoine Dr and Little York Rd in Houston.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a question about who can pickup a rifle from a firearms dealer.  Here goes the situation:  I bought a LMT rifle from Pete at Legal Transfers, and I need an FFL to ship it to.  Now, I was wondering if an immediate family member, say my older brother, could pick up the rifle for me.  The reason I ask this is because I’m currently stationed in San Diego, CA and won’t be able to go home until early 2006.  If this is illegal, please delete immediately.  I apologize if this has been posted before, I just couldn’t find anything on this topic.

Thanks,

Marco

If this is legal, is there any FFL willing to help me out.  My older brother lives near Antoine Dr and Little York Rd in Houston.

It is not legal.  Your brother cannot pick it up for you.  You are asking too many people to commit a felony for you.  In your circumstances, it doesn't make much sense, but it is the law.  There are some creative courses of action you could take.  I'm not going to suggest any to you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

Marco

It is not legal.  Your brother cannot pick it up for you.  You are asking too many people to commit a felony for you.  In your circumstances, it doesn't make much sense, but it is the law.  There are some creative courses of action you could take.  I'm not going to suggest any to you.

I never asked anybody to commit a felony, I just didn't know the law.  Since this is illegal, I have an other legal questions for any FFL holders in Houston.  Is anyone willing to hold the rifle for a long period of time without incurring any holding fees?  If you do have to charge a holding fee, how much would it be?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marco
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]
the person buying the firearm must be the one who picksup/fills out the 4473
check with northwest houston tactical, randy(coz_45) is a great guy to deal with and im sure he could help.

you can find him in either the tacked ffl thread or in the industry forum
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
what part of Houston is he located?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And they have to be the actual buyer of the firearm. Sending your brother to fill out the 4473/NICS and take delivery in your place is a nogo, no matter how innocent the reason.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And they have to be the actual buyer of the firearm. Sending your brother to fill out the 4473/NICS and take delivery in your place is a nogo, no matter how innocent the reason.

I figured that out, I just want to know if there is an FFL that won't charge any holding fees, but if they have to, how much would it be.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what part of Houston is he located?

northwest houston tactical, randy(coz_45)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top