Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 5:32:57 PM EDT
Helped clean out Building 1536 at Kelly USA. Talk about one big ass warehouse. Everybody and their mother was there. Saw a 3 Star General, Big wigs from red cross, SBC, SAWS, CPS, GKDA, City Public Works, Bear County Sherifs, Fire Department, and a few others. I hear you can dial 211 to get some info on donating stuff or volunteering your time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching the chaos in NO is terrible.  Its also a strong argument for being armed.  Law has broken down and its become survival of the fittest/best armed.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Storm Disaster Folks-  I think I am going to call them Belated Evacuees.  What do ya think?  Hear that we are getting some here in Austin too.

Debo
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Well today was another long day. 7am to 1030pm w/ half hour lunch. 1000 new phone lines to one building. 300 new phone lines to another. 25 to SAPD's mobile command center. New Cable T1's setup, Cable TV set up and pulled through ducts.

All the new guests seem fairly alright. Most were just tired. Only 1 arrest made today. Guy hit a girl and DPS put him on the ground. Girl and mother pleaded to have him let go and they didn't want to press charges. But the DPS officer saw it and says the state of Texas is pressing the charges. Last I heard the head count was around 20K. So begins day 1. Lets see how much drama errupts between now and the time they leave.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The Federallies have arrived.

pic1

pic2
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice Little tidbit of information I picked up friday. SAHA (San Antonio Housing Authority) is now putting refuges that were in section 8 housing in NO, in section 8 housing here in San Antonio. So it's looking like alot of them are going to end up staying here.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice Little tidbit of information I picked up friday. SAHA (San Antonio Housing Authority) is now putting refuges that were in section 8 housing in NO, in section 8 housing here in San Antonio. So it's looking like alot of them are going to end up staying here.  

This is happening in Houston as well.  The folks here who were in line for the housing are being bumped in favor of those from New Orleans.  Our local po' folks aren't too happy about this new development.  

As far as whether the "evacuees" stay or go, I think it's a pretty safe bet that anyone living on the dole in N.O. is going to be just as happy living on the dole at their current location.  

Alpine
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Time for the dole to end.

Plenty of work in the Lone Star State--have Gov. Perry get some "job training boys" in their pronto.

The US of A has seen what 60 years of solid liberal LA/NO "govmint"  handling of people's lives as well as negligence in levee prep has accomplished: $1.9 Billion (past 5 years only) in non-existant flood control plans, and confiscation of guns when SHTF.

Train these NO folks in Texas for clean up jobs and ship 'em back to fix up their former homes in NO and make them work for their welfare money.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Time for the dole to end.

Plenty of work in the Lone Star State--have Gov. Perry get some "job training boys" in their pronto.

The US of A has seen what 60 years of solid liberal LA/NO "govmint"  handling of people's lives as well as negligence in levee prep has accomplished: $1.9 Billion (past 5 years only) in non-existant flood control plans, and confiscation of guns when SHTF.

Train these NO folks in Texas for clean up jobs and ship 'em back to fix up their former homes in NO and make them work for their welfare money.

Gotta remember though. They have to want to work.
I use to be a handyman for a friend of my fathers. He owned section 8 property. Granted maybe 10% of the people I met seemed to be tring really hard to get their life back together and buy their own house and get off the .gov teat. But the other 90% were normally scum. Brand new mustang GT in the driveway, no food in the house, normally 3 months behind on their rent, cocroaches everywheres. (Rent only being 50 bucks a month w/ .gov paying the rest) I remember one time I showed up at a house to repair a leaky sink. Guy ran an extension cord from his buddys house accross the street into his house so he can watch tv on the couch and power a small lamp. Most when evicted would destroy the house (walls, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, doors, etc). I had to build cages for the A/C compressors outside so they wouldn't take them. The list goes on. I just wish that more of them were like the 10% and tried to get their life back in order.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Sparsky--you got that right, ole buddy!

When the "mind" is in gear, the ass will follow!

If your mind is bent on "entitlement," that's all you whine about. Forget hard work, forget initiative.And, really forget about a new business for yourself.

We are gonna retire to Texas--a big reason being these Northern states have completely been decimated by the "welfare" crowd. Ohio is ruint. I read now where Buffalo, NY is basically bankrupt, under rule by a "committee" appointed by NY governor! 800 people a day moving into FL from the North! Stay tuned--many, many more Northern states to follow Buffalo, NY. The welfare crowd is like locust--produce nothing, but consume all in their path!

P.S. What's the difference between the welfare crowd and a trapper? ANS: The trapper will always leave the pelt!

Give these "refugees" in the Lone Star State the straight dope--we'll help you, sure, but you gotta earn you own way in life--not sponge off us.

---Woody---

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top