Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 12:55:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they have a Storefront at the corner of 820 and I35W (north fort worth).

They have a counter for catalog sales you can pick stuff up from.

CFII works there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheaper Than Dirt G3 aluminum mags - $2.95

Cabelas G3 aluminum mags - $39.95

Yes it's worth the trip for the few items that they really do have a deal on...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You've got to be picky what you buy there.  

S&B .45 ACP is 10.77 at CDT and $8.99 at Cabelas.  
Federal Hydrashock in .45 ACP is $19.97 at CDT and $16.50 everywhere else on the planet.

R.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
They don't have everything that's in the catalog. If you're going to drive up there, you might want to call. I think there's a way to tell based on the type of catalog number, but I'm not 100% sure. I've been there about 3-4 times. It's OK, but their prices are certainly not "cheaper than dirt".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I work there. Here is the deal for everyone:

We are not the same company as the catalog. Different owners. However, the store is starting to carry all of the popular items that were pulled from the catalog the most.

This is the change:

We are NO LONGER pulling items from the catalog for customers at the store. If there is an item you want from the catalog, call us up with the item number(must be alpha-numeric, Like DBA-701, item numbers like 4567653 are internet only), and we will let you know if its in the store. Otherwise, you will have to order the item mail order. Call and ask for Austin (thats me). I will help you as much as I can. Let me know your from ARFCOM, to break the ice .

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Austin,

Thanks for posting.  How long have you worked at CTD?  I was wondering if you could give us an idea about what happened with pricing there.  I've been shopping at CTD since 1999 and it seems like a few years back the pricing model went from a discount model to a premium pricing model.  Which, you know, seems kind of odd for a place with the name cheaper than dirt.  

If you don't know, that's fine.  I'm not trying to beat you up - so I hope you don't take it that way.  Just wondering.

R.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly, I have been working there 4 months. From what I know as a consumer, we are competitve with other places. I am not in charge of pricing at all, Im just a lowly gun salesman. I know we are not the cheapest place to buy from in all products, but we do really try to be helpful and professional. I honestly think we have one of the most experienced and professional sales staffs around....

You are entitled to your own opinions. Im just writing about what I know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey CFII whats the pricing on HP wolf ammo right now? Got any vertical grips in? I havnt been to the store for a couple of months. Got any stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey CFII whats the pricing on HP wolf ammo right now? Got any vertical grips in? I havnt been to the store for a couple of months. Got any stripped lowers?

2.50ish for Wolf. We have a couple different kinds of VGs. One stripped DPMS lower that I saw today, and about 4 complete lowers, DPMS and Bushy.

If anyone has anymore question, you should probably IM or email me. I am not trying to advertise. I dont own the shop. Just a gun nut getting paid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I was in there today looking for some gas cans and BDU's-they were out of both. Oh well....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I work there.

REALLY???

Heh, it was good seeing you man!

And if it helps, they will sell you a stripped AR lower as a "pistol" if you ask nice
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was in there today looking for some gas cans and BDU's-they were out of both. Oh well....

Yea, the MRE's and gas cans are freaking gone. People stop by there to stock up on guns, ammo, cans and food, and are headed to NOLA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got to be picky what you buy there.  

S&B .45 ACP is 10.77 at CDT and $8.99 at Cabelas.  
Federal Hydrashock in .45 ACP is $19.97 at CDT and $16.50 everywhere else on the planet.

R.

They have Remington .45 acp 230gr ball ammo for about $10.00 too. It's a great source of brass.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:48:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They don't have everything that's in the catalog. If you're going to drive up there, you might want to call. I think there's a way to tell based on the type of catalog number, but I'm not 100% sure. I've been there about 3-4 times. It's OK, but their prices are certainly not "cheaper than dirt".

you go to the counter and ask - they will go to the warehouse and get it

the store and cheaperthandirt.com are NOT the same.  the store will have its own website soon (this is from the lady at the counter a few weeks ago)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the store and cheaperthandirt.com are NOT the same.  the store will have its own website soon (this is from the lady at the counter a few weeks ago)

Not anymore sir. We do not pull from the warehouse anymore. We try to stock all of the most popular items from the catalog in the store, but we dont have everything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not anymore sir. We do not pull from the warehouse anymore. We try to stock all of the most popular items from the catalog in the store, but we dont have everything.

Is that why you guys have the decent supply of AR stuff on the floor now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top