Posted: 8/27/2005 6:21:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, I'm be there- cheap pizza
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey,  SC-Texas;

Sorry 'bout being so slow to get back to ya,

Yeah, I FINALLY got my EBR, seemed to take forever.

I took the pic a a gathering of the WA "Crazed & Heavily Armed Loony Whackos"

It's still a "work in progress"  there are a few more features yet to add before it is completely "Evil",    like a carbon fiber layup on the stock, bipod, and a lug on the front so I can mount a humongus bayonet  (for bunnies)  and things like that, but it sure is a fun toy.

Hey,  before you Texicans start beating up on a webfoot from Seattle for wandering into your HTF,, ol' SC & me used to "share the joy" of bitchslapping the Leebrals on another forum.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
dsa hbar rifle?

I've been curious about those. what kind of groups do you get out of them with match ammo? I've heard the medium contour dsa rifles will do 1 moa with match ammo. I'd assume the hbar ones are 3/4 moa or better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Howdy, Voldermortist

Yup, DSA 24" bull barrel, all SS  .

I can't give you an answer on group size yet.  
The Scope that is on it in that pic is a cheepie Tasco that some one gave me, and I hadn't been able to get the thing to settle down and print any kind of group that makes sense.

The fact that he handed it to me and said "here, it's yours" may be a big clue.

Also, I have only been feeding it milsurp, so far.

The day that pic was taken was the first day I had tried to shoot for group.

But, I found it difficult to concentrate on sight picture, breath control, smooth trigger pull ect,  when,  just as I would be getting ready to squeeze one off,,  one of the other "Crazed & Heavily Armed Loony Whackos" would stand next to me and  do a class 3  mag dump, raining 30 rds of hot brass down the back of my neck.  

I guess I sorta resembled a worm in a frying pan a few times  

Also, towards the end of the day, I had shot the screws in the DSA railmount loose, and didn't notice that until I looked down and saw one of them laying on the tarp.    

oh well,,,

So, anyway,  whenever I get the thing all sorted out, I will wander back over and ( hopefully ) do some braggin'.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh Hell YEAH!  Mike_In_Seattle is here!

Be sure and check out the Washington Forum, but you probably already found it.

Beautiful EBR!

How is the trigger pull?  Do you have a target trigger?

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid DSA the $115 to do their trigger job to it @ the factory.

At  the shoot I was able to compare it to a stock one, & it's "better" , but I don't think it's ever going to be as good as a "real live" benchrester's trigger, but I didn't expect it to,  hell, it's a battle rifle.

I've got access to a machine shop, and been thinking about reverse engineering the HST, to see if I can maybe build a bit better mousetrap in there, but gotta be careful to not get too greedy & have it run away.

Yeah, I hang out in the WA HTF,, don't post a whole lot,  mostly lurk to learn stuff.

I've missed you on the other forum,  the place definately has a pretty big list to port, so I get there as much as I can make time for,  to twist their tails.   And you missed one of the most beautiful "bitchslap gator" threads,,  in between taking my turns on him,, I laughed till I cried.

Oh yeah,, @ the shoot , one of the loonies de-linked a round out the belt, handed it to me, pointed to his AR50 and said "have fun".

Maybe I shouldn't have done that, cuz now, I have a bad case of .50 Lust.

Good to see you again, SC,, take care.
Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Im going and walking out the door right now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
You boys having fun without me?  Alaska kicks ass. But save me a seat i'll be back for a visit soon.

SCTexas, how are things going with that Mac you where writing about on Subguns?

Ben, The_Emu
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top