Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 3:25:57 AM EDT
Guys,

Looking for some feedback on this place I just bought a Barrett from in Houston called the Ammo Dump. Trying to get an idea for their reputation for service and/or a general feeling from my ARFCOM bretheren in the Houston area. I'm in New Hampshire, so it's a bit difficult for me to find out myself...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh boy, this should be interesting...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Good ruck.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Last time I was in there....... the staff was stuck up/didn't want to help, over priced inventory, it's in a less than ideal location (if you know what i mean), etc.  I have never bought anything from them nor will I, so I have no experiance with that.

But hey.......thats just me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Dump is an appropriate name.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#5]
well, if you knew a lot about the prices of barret's and they offered you a decent price, then I guess that's cool, other than that, the place and the people there have never had a good rep on here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Arwady owns the place.  He has come to a couple of our Tuesday night meetings.  Nice enough guy although I think his prioces are high.  But . .  . its a free country.

I have been there a few times.  They buzz you in the front door.  I have beeen there when a few gang-banger looking types where there.

Just NOt my kind of place to hang out.

If the price was right and you can send the Barret to the factory for service, I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Last time I was in there....... the staff was stuck up/didn't want to help, over priced inventory, it's in a less than ideal location (if you know what i mean), etc.  I have never bought anything from them nor will I, so I have no experiance with that.

But hey.......thats just me.

+1

been a few years since I made the trek down there but

serious attitude & high prices is what I remember
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, dudes. The deal was great, but he was selling it for someone else, so this other person set the price, not him.

Thanks again for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top