Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 5:35:50 PM EDT
I got sick and tired of mosquito invasion so I bought a Black Flag fogger.  No, not some aersol can but the propane-fired fogger.  Damn.  5 minutes of fog and not a single mosquito.  Best $60 I ever spent.

Forget those mosquito traps, this thing works INSTANTLY.  Neighbors have the propane traps yet they still have mosquitos.

Black Flag, no surrender required.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Getsum!  We'll have to try one here at the TC household.  I assume that these work best on a calm evening?  

The wife just came in the back door as I was typing and at least four of those pest followed her in.

TC

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How long will the Black Flag stuff last?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Getsum!  We'll have to try one here at the TC household.  I assume that these work best on a calm evening?  

The wife just came in the back door as I was typing and at least four of those pest followed her in.

TC

Anytime the wind is low works best.  I took my uber-powerful HID light out back to scan for the boogers (powerful beam illuminates any insect eye distinctly) and NOTHING was flying.  

It doesn't take long to hit the average yard.  A light wind (1-3 MPH) carries the cloud of death slowly over the yard.  

About $60 for the fogger and $10 for 48 ounces of the juice.  It comes with 16 oz which should last a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anytime the wind is low works best.  I took my uber-powerful HID light out back to scan for the boogers (powerful beam illuminates any insect eye distinctly) and NOTHING was flying.  

It doesn't take long to hit the average yard.  A light wind (1-3 MPH) carries the cloud of death slowly over the yard.  

About $60 for the fogger and $10 for 48 ounces of the juice.  It comes with 16 oz which should last a few weeks.

Thanks for the info Keith_J.  Sounds like its worth a go.  Mosquitos suck!  (Pun intended )

TC

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
We went camping in AR last month, and our friends had one of those. Not bad - although the mosquito population around the house is pretty low. We've got a hug bat colony a few miles from the house, and purple martin houses in some yards next to us. They keep the population in check...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top