Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 7:08:06 PM EDT
Went to get my hunting license this evening and like to have had a stroke at the counter. A regular combo hunting/freshwater fishing was $47. You now have to buy a migratory bird stamp for doves and that is another $7. That would have made it $54 so I went whole hog and bought the super. Looks like the state is trying to price it's self out of the hunting business.

The five or six birds I might get this year better be pretty effin tasty at that price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Take the Super, add the Federal and the Sandhill.......now your talking big bucks. It is amazing how much it can run. Esp. considering I never know from one year to the next where I'll be hunting much less what I might be hunting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
yep.  plus the extra tax on guns and ammo.

just so the govt. can tax you on a right they say you don't have.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard next year they might add a deer and hog stamp. j/k

TP&W can kiss my arse. I wish everyone would boycott the new stamps. Just more money spent on other things besides hunting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
One can't go wrong with a Super and a Fed duck stamp; pretty much covers licensing for any legal harvest.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Its not the price of the license that will affect my hunting ability near as much as the price to drive to the lease.....currently its going to cost me right at $100 in cheap regular unleaded to make a round trip to the lease.....

Yeah, I'm selling the SUV and getting something cheap
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

TP&W can kiss my arse. I wish everyone would boycott the new stamps. Just more money spent on other things besides hunting.

you mean poach?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm....

Back in WI I used to get the "Sportsman's" license which was basically all legal species during all legal seasons, inlcuding preference points for species that had "lottery" type draws (like black bear and turkey).

It's been $100 since I can remember (early 1990's...) probably higher now.  Of course, that did not include your FEDERAL stamps.  

I heard a State Rep on the radio last night, they are going for deal that reduces the property tax burden i guess while increases user fees.

Frankly, that's the way to go.  Tax people on the money they spend (or state resources they use).  If all you do is make money and buy a home, there shouldn't be a reason to tax you.  Spend money or use a state resource, then pay a tax.  It just seems better to me
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:52:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you mean poach?  

If that's what you want to call it. I call it a protest and boycott. Of course no one will do it.

I might even go spotlight a deer and shoot it with a .22.
The reason it sucks so much is because the lie about the use of the money.
Lasts year freshwater fishing stamp didn't go to the hatchery like they said it would. The state just used it for other sthings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top