Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 8:57:51 PM EDT
I will be home on R&R around the first week of November. I'm looking to buy my first AR around this time too. I'm hoping to have about $1200, give or take, by then to drop on one. Anyone suggest a good dealer in the Houston area, preferrably on the west side? (Katy)
Basically what I want is a collapsable stock, integrated rail system for all the extra add on's, ya know...the whole 9 yards!! :)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:29:35 AM EDT
[#1]
fun show!
don't know about the one in Humble but the one at the GRB will have ars.
Academy has Bushmaster, well when not sold out.
Jim Pruett's shop, it's in JV http://www.jimpruett.net/

Humble Civic Center
8233 Will Clayton Parkway
November 5&6
sat  9am - 5pm
sun 10am - 4pm

Brown Convention Center "High Caliber Gun Show"
1001 Avenida de Las Americas
Houston, TX
November 12 & 13, 2005
Sat 9-5
Sun 10-5
$7
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:20:51 AM EDT
[#2]
i have a three ar15s  

20inch Bushy A2 w/fixed stock  shot 5k rounds through it prolly

16inch Bushy lower with colt upper (thin barrel) no flash hider yet but will get it threaded.  Has RRA 6pos stock.   *i really like the weight of this gun...its very very light!*  Shot 500 rds

16 inch complete bushmaster "restricted leo/gov use only" w/ flash hider, bayo lug, 4 pos stock, detachable  carry handle.  I have not yet shot this weapon but look forward to doing so.  this is most definatly one of my best rifles

if your interested in any of these let me know via IM...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
my numbers may be a little off but...

complete lower M-4 stock.  225.
stripped upper (flat top).  F&N:  400-500  (sometimes as low as 350.)
complete bolt.  125.00
BUIS.  90.00
total...   800.00
which leaves 400 for mags and ammo.

later when you have more money i would buy an aimpoint.
good luck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I will be home on R&R around the first week of November. I'm looking to buy my first AR around this time too. I'm hoping to have about $1200, give or take, by then to drop on one. Anyone suggest a good dealer in the Houston area, preferrably on the west side? (Katy)
Basically what I want is a collapsable stock, integrated rail system for all the extra add on's, ya know...the whole 9 yards!! :)

s1r,

I suggest you buy the parts and build one.  I cna help you with that.  I'm near I10 & Gessner.  You can build one for $600-$700 easily.  Let me know if you're interested in doing this.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, CMOS, I'm very interested in doing this. I was a little intimidated about it being my first one and didn't want to hose it too bad. I can begin to shop around for parts now and have them all waiting to be assembled when I get home. I-10 and Gessner is just down the freeway from me. I'm at I-10 and Grand Parkway.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool.

Let's talk about this.  Shoot me an email and we'll arrange to chat on the phone.  We can come up with a plan to see what you want to buld then we'll get busy finding the parts we need.

Trust me - it's a VERY rewarding experience building your own rifle.  Much better than just buying one.

Look here at some of the stuff that I've built:  My Web Page

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:51:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Will do!! I went to your site and that LMT M4 is pretty much the style I'm looking to build. I like the flat top, railed hand guard, and the collapsable stock. I'm about 9 hours ahead of you guys so when I just get to work in the morning you guys are just about ready for bed and when I get off in the evening you are just waking up!

Email incoming...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top