Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2005 7:34:37 PM EDT
Every time I go in there they never have any UMC or WWWB .223 all they have is the Russian steel cased and the varmit loads. Does every Academy do this I mean there is a spot on the shelf for plain jane FMJ and I think it is UMC but they never have it. And don't dare ask one of the sales persons they don't have a clue!
Dennis
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
hahah I've had to roll my eyes in that very same Academy....

Still better than putting up with the jerks at the nearest gunstore there, though

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Which gun store are you talking about?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Every Academy I've ever been to has a piss poor selection of .223/5.56
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the same issue in Arlington.  I asked the guy at the gun counter and he said they can't get any WWB because of "the war on terror."  

R.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Academy stocks every caliber I need except 5.56. They even have Barnaul 7.62x39, the best IMO.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm talking about the gun store down in the vicinity of Harvey (? maybe further down) and Texas ave.  My first experience there was such snobbery I'm never going back.  A friend of mine, who lives in Bryan, received similar treatment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#7]
All the academy's at one time had it (WWB FMJ).  But they're all out, every one in Houston.  Their answer, "where backordered, should be in some time."
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm talking about the gun store down in the vicinity of Harvey (? maybe further down) and Texas ave.  My first experience there was such snobbery I'm never going back.  A friend of mine, who lives in Bryan, received similar treatment.

Are you talking about Champion Firearms across from the new HEB? If so they have had a change since moving to the new location with indoor range, I guess they had to get the higher price clients to pay for the complex they are in.
There is a guy on FM 50 over in Brenham that sales ammo he does the gun shows so you have to catch him Monday thru Wednsday. Ammo to Go is the name of the company.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I work at said academy and I'm pissed at our selection.  The only WWB is 45gr FMJ for varmit.  I wish we would get some 55gr, even the walmart doesn't have the 55gr wwb.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:13:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I do trade at the Col.Sta. Academy........their Remington 12ga buckshot 5-packs have been $2.49 for a long time.  On WWB 115 FMJ 9mm....Academy carries the fullpower WWB, it is cheaper than the WWB 9mm value pack at ChinaMart.
When they carried the Win Q3131A it usually ran $3.99 per box.......better than Carters Country ($4.99).  But you could beat these prices at the Conroe, Pasadena, or Houston shows.
And the gent at Ammo to Go....had Q3131A at good prices too.
But, as relayed on this board......the Q3131A is gone for now.  I have seen the green box Remington 55gr FMJ for $175/1000 at the Pasadena show....good plinking stuff.  So our choices are Federal Eagle red box or the Remington green box for plinking.  I avoid the LC PD and other IMI bulk packaged stuff.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I do trade at the Col.Sta. Academy........their Remington 12ga buckshot 5-packs have been $2.49 for a long time.  On WWB 115 FMJ 9mm....Academy carries the fullpower WWB, it is cheaper than the WWB 9mm value pack at ChinaMart.
When they carried the Win Q3131A it usually ran $3.99 per box.......better than Carters Country ($4.99).  But you could beat these prices at the Conroe, Pasadena, or Houston shows.
And the gent at Ammo to Go....had Q3131A at good prices too.
But, as relayed on this board......the Q3131A is gone for now.  I have seen the green box Remington 55gr FMJ for $175/1000 at the Pasadena show....good plinking stuff.  So our choices are Federal Eagle red box or the Remington green box for plinking.  I avoid the LC PD and other IMI bulk packaged stuff.

Hey I like the word that you have for (WalMart) ChinaMart! I hate even going there so I quess I am stuck for 223 until the next gun show around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top