Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 8:11:51 PM EDT
I have a question for anyone qualified to answer:
Is it legal in the state of texas for someone under the age of 21 to purchase a handgun from an individual? The penal code does not ever specify either that you cannot own a handgun under 21 or that one may be transfered to you if your under 21.  

So then, why is it illegal for stores to sell handguns to people under 21?

Thanks very much for anyone that can help

ningo

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]

So then, why is it illegal for stores to sell handguns to people under 21?

Believe that is federal law that dictates that.  I'm not 100% but I'm sure someone will come along and splain it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Federal law prevents stores from selling a handgun to anyone under 21 in any state.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Federal law prevents FFL Holders stores from selling a handgun to anyone under 21 in any state.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Federal law prevents FFL Holders stores from selling a handgun to anyone under 21 in any state.

Yessiree.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:39:51 AM EDT
[#5]
so what are you going to get?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top