Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 7:46:34 PM EDT
I had an interesting experince this evening.  I was bored so I decided to take a walk around the property to check on the livestock, etc.  Just by pure chance I decided to swing by the driveway to move some large rocks out of the way when I noticed the outline of a truck in the driveway.  After a minute of observation I realized it was some kids drinking in the middle of our driveway.

So I got the bright idea to get the SureFire from my gun and bring it to the driveway.  I quasi-snuck up behind the truck, about 15 yards away and stood up and lit the truck up.  I have never seen someone start an engine and dump a beer out the window at the same time so fast.  

Needless to say, I hope that keeps them off our driveway.  

Anyone think I did the right thing?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have played LEO and got some free beer.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Should have played LEO and got some free beer.

Good idea.  But I doubt they would have bought that as I am probably close to their age.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]

That's hilarious dude!

Yeah, you did the right thing - they were trespassing.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No. You should have drawn down on them and fired some shots.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's hilarious dude!

Yeah, you did the right thing - they were trespassing.

+1  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]
shoulda kept it on the weapon in case you needed it... whats the point of having it if your gonna take it off you gun to use it???

You did good on spooking them....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe the proper AR15.com reply is to strip naked,run out yelling and dump a 30rd in the air !!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I believe the proper AR15.com reply is to strip naked,run out yelling and dump a 30rd in the air !!

Couldn't have said it any better unless you had a body of water near by, then you must fire at the body of water.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What surefire light do you have?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
shoulda kept it on the weapon in case you needed it... whats the point of having it if your gonna take it off you gun to use it???

You did good on spooking them....

I thought about that but I had no idea who it was, and, in my mind, the last I thing I wanted was a drunk Texan to see me with a gun and shoot back.  I decided to play it safe just in case.  

Quoted:

Haha.  Had I done that none of you would know about it.  

Quoted:
What surefire light do you have?

I had just recently got my SureFire M962C from Grant at G & R Tactical.  It is a nine volt light that does a really good job of illuminating the countryside around my home.  

In retrospect I wish I had the clams to spend on the SureFire Beast.  That would have put the fear of God into them.  

Thanks for the comments guys.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
That's all too funny. If it happens again, maybe make some strange animal noises and watch their expressions.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I had an interesting experince this evening.  I was bored so I decided to take a walk around the property to check on the livestock, etc.  Just by pure chance I decided to swing by the driveway to move some large rocks out of the way when I noticed the outline of a truck in the driveway.  After a minute of observation I realized it was some kids drinking in the middle of our driveway.

So I got the bright idea to get the SureFire from my gun and bring it to the driveway.  I quasi-snuck up behind the truck, about 15 yards away and stood up and lit the truck up.  I have never seen someone start an engine and dump a beer out the window at the same time so fast.  

MALL_NINJA STYLE  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MALL_NINJA STYLE  

Yeah sort of.

I called it quasi-snuck because half the time I was crouching and half the time I was walking upright since I had no idea if they had seen me or not.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Too Funny!  I would have liked to see that.

People like to park and drink by my parents' farm.  When they do, my dad will light them up with a QBeam.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top