Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:45:00 AM EDT
FYI, this Sunday, CBS 60 Minutes will air a piece about .50 Cal. rifles in California, and they interviewed Ronnie Barrett for their story.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be watching that. Better get one while you can. The .50s are now at the forefront of the ban on evil guns.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told about this a week or so ago.  They took some video with a north east P.D.

Hope it turns out ok, but not holding my breath.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was told about this a week or so ago.  They took some video with a north east P.D.

Hope it turns out ok, but not holding my breath.  

That would be a good thing.  It wasn't a good day for the non gun-ban crowd.

Ronnie Barrett's a fairly good spokesman when everyone's talking off the cuff, but put him up alone, against 5 or 6 different people [all] with prepared statements, edit/select his statements carefully (and out of context, I'm fairly certain on at least a couple of 'em), and you get what we had here tonight..... the beginning of Round Six.

See

American Rifleman, v.153:no.1(2005:Jan.)
Random Shots: "Biting The Hand That Arms You."
Pgs.22-23

for more on this.

Mr. Barrett sent them a copy of a letter he had written to Chief Bratton of the LAPD, criticizing the misleading (i.e. fearmongering) manner in which an LAPD officer had used a Barrett .50 cal at a "town hall" style meeting.

Jake.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is the link to the video of the 60 Minutes piece about Fifty Caliber rifles:

www.wsu.edu/~ryjones/60minutes-50cal-lieslieslies.wmv

Better download it now while it's still up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out the size of the groups that NYPD "sharpshooter" shot from 300 yards. Even adjusting for cold bore, about 6-8 inches with a Dept. Issue 308, and maybe 1 foot+ with the 82A1!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
they are so stupid! if terrorists want to get a weapon THEY WILL!!!!!!!!!  some b.s. law will never stop them!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The Yellow forms are kept by FFLs for a minimum of 7 years,  is that not correct?  

Doesn't the ATF do yearly checks on these dealers?  

If the government wants to find out who has a particular firearm, I would bet that if someone purchased such firearm say last year...that they would be able to find out in under 24hrs.

I just see it hard to believe the validity to the 24hr mentioned in the video.

Can one of the FFL's here confirm?

Leonard
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Yellow forms are kept by FFLs for a minimum of 7 years,  is that not correct?  

Doesn't the ATF do yearly checks on these dealers?  

If the government wants to find out who has a particular firearm, I would bet that if someone purchased such firearm say last year...that they would be able to find out in under 24hrs.

I just see it hard to believe the validity to the 24hr mentioned in the video.

Can one of the FFL's here confirm?

Leonard

NICS check info is kept 24 hours. 4473 are kept 10 years. Of course, if you have a CHL, there is no NICS check. And if the gun has been sold, the trail is lost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top