Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2004 3:08:05 PM EDT
Hello to all. First off, let me explain my situation.  I was interested in buying a brand new Beretta 92FS INOX from a dealer (a.k.a. Prodefense) in Webster, TX. The ad was placed on GunsAmerica.com. I send this guy the copy of my FFL dealer's license. He gets the FFL license so I go ahead and give him my C.C. info and ask for it to be shipped UPS overnight. He said that it would be no problem, but he normally ships via priority mail 2 day service for the sake of cost savings. Gun arrives at my FFL dealer and upon returning home, I discover several things are wrong. First off, the barrel had rifling missing from the muzzle end back for about 1 inch in the 8 o'clock position (when looking to the back of the gun). I figure this is a factory defect (probably 1 in a million). Then I notice that on the front of the grip, there is an area of extreme wear. Also, when I ejected the magazine for the first time, the back lower part of the mag well had wear marks in it that were so deep you could see and feel that the metal was no longer even straight. Mind you, this is a stainless gun. It is NOT easy to wear these things down with normal use. I am thinking this gun has been handled (not shot) a million times. I call the guy back and explain my situation and request a money refund upon returning the pistol (at my cost). He then proceeds to tell me that ALL gun sales are final. His web ad states there is a 3 day return policy. I called on day 1 upon receiving the gun. The receipt I got with the gun says all firearms sales are final, even though I was told (by website) that it could be returned. Well, I kept talking with him and told him of his web ad and he finally accepts to take the pistol back, but not before stating that the pistol I had was his last one of that type that he had. He says he will have his Beretta certified gunsmith look at it, and if it was screwed up, he would replace it (but that was his last one, right?). I send the gun back and this guy I am dealing with calls me back on Nov. 5th, Friday and says it WAS screwed up in the barrel, so he was replacing it (whole gun) with a new one and that the new gun would arrive on Tuesday Nov. 9th of this week. On Nov. 10 the gun has yet to arrive, so I call him back ( it was hell to get to talk to the guy I was dealing with) and finally he said it should be here Thursday or Friday of this week. It is now Sat. so I call back and ask about finding out when a gun would arrive to my dealer. He (another guy) said sure, what type was it and what is your name? I give him my name, and he states "Oh, I think **t was handling that matter and he will not be in until this Monday." "No one else can answer that question."

To sum it up:

#1. The guy I was dealing with bull shitted me about  the gun being in "brand new condition".
#2. The guy I was dealing with bull shitted me about returning the gun.
#3  The guy I was dealing with bull shitted me about when the new gun would arrive once.
#4  The guy I was dealing with bull shitted me about when the new gun would arrive twice.
#5  So far, I have no gun and they have over $600.00 dollars of mine and I (POSSIBLY) can't do shit about it until this Monday.

BTW, I have his original web ad saved along with detailed pics. of the fucked up gun before it was sent back.

Being that this dealer is in Texas, I figured someone in here might know of these people?  Regardless, what should I do now?

Sorry for the pissy grammatical structure of this whole post. I am too pissed off to go through the trouble of typing everything correctly. Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I live about 10min from them, they lie alot about their firearms, they are very underhanded, I'm sry that you got screwed, not all Texans are bastards, hope it works out for you
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought by Federal law, all pistols had to overnighted?

Prodefense is primarly a "Cop Shop", they treat folks different.
What the guy above said, wait till Monday and if you don't get resolution, call the CC company and cancel the order.
Hard to figure, I have met a couple of good folks in there, but one is real short of customer service.....  
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Posted by JohnnyP:  I thought by Federal law, all pistols had to overnighted?

What the guy above said, wait till Monday and if you don't get resolution, call the CC company and cancel the order.
Hard to figure, I have met a couple of good folks in there, but one is real short of customer service.....

From what I understand, pistols have to be over nighted when shipped via UPS due to their own policy. I think it has something to do with their security policy. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong?

I think I know which one is real short of customer service. Heck, with all of the phone calls I know of most of the people that work there now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Some pics of the screwed up gun:

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Posted by JohnnyP:  I thought by Federal law, all pistols had to overnighted?

From what I understand, pistols have to be over nighted when shipped via UPS due to their own policy. I think it has something to do with their security policy. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong?

I think I know which one is real short of customer service. Heck, with all of the phone calls I know of most of the people that work there now.

I think you may be  right about shipping policy versus some type of law.  I've been in there several times and have spent some money, but generally if your not a badge, one in there will not talk with you.   Silly me, I thought all money was the same green.

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Posted by JohnnyP: I think you may be right about shipping policy versus some type of law. I've been in there several times and have spent some money, but generally if your not a badge, one in there will not talk with you. Silly me, I thought all money was the same green.

BIG +1
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
UPDATE: Okay, the new Beretta actually came in today. But not without its own quirks.
I have yet to contact Prodefense, but will now shape me response on the ones I get with these pics.

The barrel of THIS Beretta APPEARS to be screwed up as well!!! What is your opinion?

Link Posted: 11/15/2004 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
 I do not believe that Beretta would let anything like that out of the factory.   Is it possible he sold you a police dept. trade-in?

mm
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Pro-defense deals heavily in police trade-in weapons.

Are you certain that you didn't receive the same firearm again?

If I can be of any assistance since I also live about 10 minutes from Pro-Defense, then let me know. I have a good reputation with them and could possibly help mediate, if necessary.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Posted by mm38:  I do not believe that Beretta would let anything like that out of the factory. Is it possible he sold you a police dept. trade-in?

The gun appears to be new, but it has been handled (kind of like the old one).

Posted by JC_Conn:  Pro-defense deals heavily in police trade-in weapons.

Are you certain that you didn't receive the same firearm again?

If I can be of any assistance since I also live about 10 minutes from Pro-Defense, then let me know. I have a good reputation with them and could possibly help mediate, if necessary.

Jeremy

I am certain this is not the same firearm or barrel. It is very strange that this barrel has the exact same prob. as the other one, but not to the same degree...

The funny thing is, the guy I have been dealing with replaced the other Beretta on the basis of the barrel being screwed up. Did he not even look at this one?

At this point, I think I am going to deal with Beretta about a bbl replacement since I have been jerked around by this guy and since he will not just give me a money refund.
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Send it back.  Get a Sig, you'll be happy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2004 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ditto, but I'd recoomend Glock first then Sig.
Link Posted: 11/20/2004 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1911, glock sig.
here we go again!
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1911, glock sig.
here we go again!

Hi-Point!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Get a jennings 25.cal.....the best in personal defense.
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
    MY $.02:  I would go to Webster and demand my money back.  New in the box means that it's NIB; moreover, a cast of thousands havn't played with it or dicked around with it.  

When I purchase something NIB I always do my homework, play with a few copies, then buy from a dealer that deals DIRECTLY with the manufacture.  To many dealers buy through local distributers and that causes not NIB to show up not to mention the price. I have one dealer that I do business with and them alone only bucause of there track record ( DFW AREA ).  

ATT most dealers are trying to keep up with AWB demand and corners will be cut like a MF.  Not to mention all the dumb asses that try to sell things they know nothing about.  

Go directly to the manufacture, get a catalog, then find a dealer that has the seed money that allows him to buy direct. Your goal is to get exactly what you want for something less than suggested retail and at no RISK to you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#18]
At this point, you're better off sending entire gun to Beretta and requesting a warranty replacement.  Tell them your story in writing and they might take care of you...
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#19]
What Cheddarboy said
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I know Pat.  I consider him a friend and I have smoked cigars with him for years.  

Tell him Sean Cody said hello.  I am sure that he will make it right.  He, to me, has been that kind of guy.  

Also, if he doesn't, contact your credit card company ASAP
Also, keep us updated here.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Did Pat take care of you?

Let me know.

I tried to IM you and email you, but your account isn't accepting emails.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
     I have one dealer that I do business with and them alone only bucause of there track record ( DFW AREA ).  

Is it bachman, if not, help us out.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry for the late update. The guy in Webster sent me another pistol that had a better looking frame. The only problem was that this pistol had the SAME problem in the bbl as the other one.

Well, I had my fill from this guy and said f*ck it. I talked to Beretta about the prob. and even sent a Beretta Tech. guy some pics of the bbl via e-mail. He said that it was not right, and to send it in. I finally got the pistol back from Beretta (with a GOOD barrel) at no charge.  

The only reason I went with Beretta the second time was because the frame wasn't worn to hell and back (like the first pistol) and because I obviously wasn't getting anything better from this $#@&! in Webster.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Dayum, glad you got it fixed.  Beretta is good folk.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dayum, glad you got it fixed.  Beretta is good folk.

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#26]
3GSHOOTER.  Who do you do business with in the Dallas area?

McClellan's maybe?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Dang man.

T'hell with that sumbitch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#28]
?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Dang man.

T'hell with that sumbitch.

If you are talking about Prodefense or any of their sorry ass staff, then that is what I said with the second pistol (okay maybe a little more than just that).
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I am sorry to hear that.  Like I said, I know the owner personally and would have been happy to drop in and say hello to him on your behalf.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#31]
lol- i got a jennings .22 when I was 16. It is a single shot with a mag now. LOL, I love it!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top