Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 7:32:32 PM EDT
Did anyone go to the Tulas gun show...if so, what did you think ??
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it will be my last road trip for a while. Six-hundred and twenty miles in ten hours on the way back. My legs hurt.

The show was pretty good. More like the Great Western with quite a few antique guns and such. Not too many black rifles. If I see one more lever action Winchester that was used at the Battle of Big Horn, I'm gonna puke. The building it was in was approx. eleven acres in size, and every inch was full. This was the first time in my life I had to take a break and sit down for a few minutes, and drink a $2 Coke. Yet another first.

What did I buy ? Lets see, twenty 5.45 AK stripper clips with guides, ten plum and brown 5.45 mags, Aim Shot bore sighter for .223 and .308 for $109. As well as a pocket full of business cards and flyers.

Of course there was the usual amount of dealers that were unaware of the AWB had expired. High cap 10-22 mags for $65, Glock hicaps for $75+, AR 15 Delta for only $2195 (no scope), etc.

Plenty of high priced food also. Got a good laugh when I passed the "Rib Crib". Most unusual award goes to the deep fried banana folks.  Sliced banana covered with cinnamon and sugar, rolled in corn flakes, covered with funnel cake batter then deep fried. Good shit.

Left the show late Sat. afternoon to see the sights. Tulsa Air and Space Museum was cool, as was Rick's titty bar. That was pretty much it.

The high point came about 12:30 am when the fire alarm in the Doubletree went off. Great. Gonna burn to death in a foreign land. Threw my stuff into the suitcase and headed for the door. Waited outside for a while until the all clear was given. Went back inside, and about ten minutes later three fire trucks show up. Then the cops. Then an ambulance. Now the news helicopters are hovering. Sorry, no story here.

It was a good time, and am glad I went. But I am really looking forward to the NRA show in Houston the second week in November, and the SAR show in  Phoenix in December. Be there !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top