Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:50:41 PM EDT
I heard a commercial on WBAP for store called Military Gun Supply.  They advertised anything from "Enfields to AR's".  I think they are supposed to be in Fort Worth.  I didn't get the phone number or address.  I've searched the internet and called information for the phone number but no luck.  Does anybody have a link or phone number for them?  I'm interested in their Curio & Relic stuff.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I found it.  My Mozilla browser wouldn't connect to the website.  Had to switch to IE.

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I've been there a few times and have bought some guns from them.

They have a lot of curio and relic stuff. Their website sucks a lot, but they are nice enough in person. Bought an AK and a stripped AR15 receiver from them. Prices aren't as good as CDNN, but not too bad for the DFW area. Lots of firearm odds and ends, mags, stuff. Lots of old military guns, a few new ones. Lots of cheap guns. It's a long way to drive for me from Plano, but always fun to visit since you can handle all the guns, they are not behind the counter (great marketing tool - playing with guns makes you want to buy them). Just be advised their in store price is a about 5% higher than web price, they will tell you this if you call.

It one of those places that's hard to leave without buying something
(at least for me )
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there today.  I have known Eric for a number of years.  I wouldn't hesitate to make him an offer on anything that might appeal to me.  He is a regular at the Market Hall and Big Town Shows.  That is a very good place to make a deal.  Nobody wants to carry inventory back from a show.

MGS is heavy to the side of milsurps.  He has some good deals on Yugo SKS and lower end AK types.  Also, pretty good place to get a Saiga, especially if you want to turn it into a pistol grip configuration.

MGS is at the SE corner of East Loop 820 and Barry in Fort Worth, Where the West Begins!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Their 1K rounds of IMI for $140 isn't too bad, either.  I've gone through 4K rounds of it without a problem.  You do have to inspect each round, though, as some of them get kind of banged up.  I got an average of 5 bad rounds per 1K.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I always go the weekend that I don't get paid because I'd get seriously broke there otherwise. There is always just one more rifle to buy there.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'm glad they have a great rep.  I can't believe they have been in my backyard and didn't know it.   This is bad news for my credit card.

I have a C&R FFL so I'll be down there soon.  The 5% difference in pricing is worth it since you get to see before you buy instead of buying over the internet and hoping for the best.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]
doesnt it feel good to just hear those ads ?

gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I just went there today. I barely made it outta there with money in my wallet.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I must have walked around for an hour.  Couldn't decide what I wanted.

I ended up buying a French Mas 49/56 in 7.5.  Missing a good part of the blueing but seemed pretty sound.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, when you guys went there did you see any Romanian side folding stocks?  I asked him at the Houston show this week and he thought he had some for $40.  I think I'll call tomorrow morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top