Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 12:17:26 PM EDT
Are there "usually" vendors at the Reliant or Brown gun shows that sell stripped receivers?  If so, how are the prices?  I am just try to figure out if it's better to order one vs the gun shows.  All comments appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember specifically about the shows at the Brown, but there is always the guy selling lowers at the Pasadena gun shows.  I bought a forged DPMS stripped lower this past weekend and paid $110.   The local dealer wants like $160 or something, so it's a good price to me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes

they are the Lone Star.

www.lonestarwholesale.com/
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say call Ameetec and order them from those guys. I've done 15 transfers of Ameetec lowers this summer. They seem to be high quality and a great price $89, shipped.
$20 for a transfer and you're at $109,00.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Eagle sells the Stag lowers for $85 and shipping is very reasonable.

I just bought two, and my buddy bought one... just waiting for a call to pick 'em up.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
i have bout a couple of lowers from lonestar and a few uppers from his wife.

i would say that the price is fair if you cant wait to order it and then if you add in shipping and transfer fee then its almost  the same

lonestar are good people
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of the vendors I've seen at Houston gun shows have always had outrageous prices for stripped lowers.  I seriously doubt you'd find a good deal, unless speed of acquisition was the most important factor.

I'd suggest you order a MEGA lower or Ameetec lower from Ameetec Arms.  Great prices and super quality.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you checked with Coz_45?

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Any of the vendors I've seen at Houston gun shows have always had outrageous prices for stripped lowers.  I seriously doubt you'd find a good deal, unless speed of acquisition was the most important factor.

I'd suggest you order a MEGA lower or Ameetec lower from Ameetec Arms.  Great prices and super quality.

CMOS

man im sorry,   the best deal to be had is in ee and having coz trandfer it for you!  he is a great guy to deal with.

sorry coz
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMOS

man im sorry,   the best deal to be had is in ee and having coz trandfer it for you!  he is a great guy to deal with.

sorry coz

Hay man, you don't have to apologize. I get great business from the Texas forum. If I up my membership to a dealer, and advertise, I'd probably get even more. I do transfers nearly every weekend.

I do think that Eagle or Ameetec are great places to get a stripped lower. AMeetec sometimes gets backed up since they've been so busy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hay man, you don't have to apologize. I get great business from the Texas forum. If I up my membership to a dealer, and advertise, I'd probably get even more. I do transfers nearly every weekend.

I do think that Eagle or Ameetec are great places to get a stripped lower. AMeetec sometimes gets backed up since they've been so busy.

I'm in the middle of an Ameetec back-up right now The waiting game is killing me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the replies!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
IM SC-Texas.  I think he is trying to put together a small group buy for his drinking buddies if I remember correctly.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMOS

sorry coz

Who do you think did the FFL transfers for me??    

CMOS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top