Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:50:11 PM EDT
Is there a DFW area gunsmith that can put a Dawson Precision Rail on my Kimber custom?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with Gene Williams in Princeton, Tex.  He will be at the Collin County Gun Range in McKinney on Sat.  I have heard that he does real good work on 1911's.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto the Gene remark.   He has built some guns for some idpa'ers and they are happy campers.  Call the gun range if the drive is an  inconvenience.  He doesn't always show up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Gene's home number is listed in several threads further down, do a search for the user name "Jailcop", she's his wife.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You are welcome to give us a call at 972.734.6699 home/shop or 214.673.5510cell. Just be advised that not all rails fit all guns. We've had instances where rails simply could not be made to fit so you need to know that first. The Dawson is one of the better ones.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You are welcome to give us a call at 972.734.6699 home/shop or 214.673.5510cell. Just be advised that not all rails fit all guns. We've had instances where rails simply could not be made to fit so you need to know that first. The Dawson is one of the better ones.

It seems like I have seen one on a similiar Kimber as mine. So your husband has installed these rails before? Any idea on how much it would cost me for labor and parts?

I am leaving for Arkansas in about a week, I would be very interested in talking to you about putting one on for me after the 25th.

I will keep your numbers and call you then.

Thanks,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top