Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 9:40:58 AM EDT
Now for the goodies to dress it up.  Any suguestions?

Kevin Delta force has +2 mag ext from Pearce Grip, inc for $9.95, is this company any good?

FireBlade
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Glock +2/3  with spring for sale. I'm in the DFW area if you're interested.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Well congrats, Fireblade!!!

Some accessories I like for my Glocks...

the Fobus holsters really are a great value.

You will want night sights if this is gonna be a defensive gun OR if you shoot indoor ranges at all.  It's a great investment.  Swing by DFW guns and Buddy should be able to hook you up for around $90 installed for a set of Meprolights.

On the +2 mag extensions... if you feel you need these, make sure and get some Wolf aftermarket mag springs (extra tension) for whatever mag you this to.  More capacity means the spring will be relaxed when it's empty.  Not a biggie, but long term you may have problems.

Alot of folks like the extended slide stop lever to.

And... don't forget to color your lettering in Crayola "Tactical White" then post pics
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How about a adding some spraypaint and skateboard tape?  

www.tenringhosting.com/ViewImage.aspx?PID=88d1add3-d441-4eb9-97e8-060557136899

WTF?!?!?!  You plan on taking that thing to a casting call for "Blackhawk Down 2: The Revenge of Delta Force"????

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that some sort of custom Krylon home camo gone wrong?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats man!

I got one for my Birthday last month!

I picked up the normal cap mags from CDNN and got the 33 rounders from AJC at the Market Hall Gunshow.

Lone Wolf Distributors has a good selection of Glock accessories.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 Swing by DFW guns and Buddy should be able to hook you up for around $90 installed for a set of Meprolights.

Does that include the KY?  You can pick up Meps online for around $67.  Anybody charging more than $5 to put them on is gouging.  Ameriglo has user install night sights for around $78 IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I think that if he sold you the Mepro's for $75.00 + $6.19 (tax) = $81.19 total and charged you $8.81 cents to install them that it would be a great deal.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Swing by DFW guns and Buddy should be able to hook you up for around $90 installed for a set of Meprolights.

Does that include the KY?  You can pick up Meps online for around $67.  Anybody charging more than $5 to put them on is gouging.  Ameriglo has user install night sights for around $78 IIRC.

No, but it included use of the $80 instillation tool that I don't have,  Not to mention, the front sight was installed correctly, and they did it right away while I waited.

Come to think of it.  I didn't need any KY.

Maybe YOU need to reassess where you spend YOUR gun dollars??
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but it included use of the $80 instillation tool that I don't have,  Not to mention, the front sight was installed correctly, and they did it right away while I waited.

Come to think of it.  I didn't need any KY.

Maybe YOU need to reassess where you spend YOUR gun dollars??

I'm sure I'll go with Trigicon and Doc put my last set on my Sig 12yrs ago and they silll work fine.

FireBlade
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Was it new or used and what did you give for it, if you don't mind me asking?  I passed on some 17 police trade in's a couple years ago being short on cash at the time. wish I hadn't now.

I think you shot my 30 at Tom Bean...can you compare the two as to felt recoil and grip thickness. It's been awhile since I held or shot a 17.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats on the new Glock.

I'd suggest tempered glass goggles, Kevlar vest, arm covers and helmet.

Some sort of aramid fiber gloves too

www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb.html#why

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The MGW tool works on both small and large frame Glocks from Brownell's or Lonewolf for $54-57.  If you can turn a screw you can install a front site.  If you do more than one and your buddies it makes sense, if you're only gonna have one Glock maybe not.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#14]
fireblade, congrats!  I have a 17 and love it.  I've got some 17rd leo mags and am waiting on some unmarked mags.  17rds of +PHP's is alot of home defense  If you have an academy near you they have Blazer 9mm for $3.96/50 - Another great reason to own a nine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thx

It stated that no reports in a 17 or 19 or 34.  it also states it happens in 1911 and usp's and most has happened with handloads or cheap ammo pre 1995.

Buy cheap ammo get cheap results, period

FireBlade

Ps I can find bad reviews on anything in the world on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Congratulations!

My first G17 was a wedding present from my lovely bride - "gift guns" are always nice!...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Congrats man!

I got one for my Birthday last month!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/BigDozer66/Glock17withAcc2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/BigDozer66/Glock17with33rdup.jpg

I picked up the normal cap mags from CDNN and got the 33 rounders from AJC at the Market Hall Gunshow.

Lone Wolf Distributors has a good selection of Glock accessories.

BigDozer66

Dozer thx for the lonewolf link.  called them up and ordered some stuff they had the best prices and were very friendly.

FireBlade
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the G17 and G23.  I've put Bo-Mar adjustable sights on the G17 and Tridium night sights on the G23.  Both have the 3.5lb trigger spring.  Plenty of hi-cap mags, no 2+2's.  Can't have enough holsters.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thx

It stated that no reports in a 17 or 19 or 34.  it also states it happens in 1911 and usp's and most has happened with handloads or cheap ammo pre 1995.

Buy cheap ammo get cheap results, period

FireBlade

Ps I can find bad reviews on anything in the world on the internet.

I was just joking around....SC-Texas is a Glock guy, as are others.....

I'm a 1911/Sig guy....

I think Glocks are ugly.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry for the big picture.  Didn't have a chance last night to size it.  G17 & G23

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Sorry for the big picture.  Didn't have a chance last night to size it.  G17 & G23

home.carolina.rr.com/rambosky/3%20pistols.JPG

Rambo, i see you have the x200 from surefire. i've been trying to compare it to the streamlight m3-led, which is a white light and a red led built in 140.00.  i like the idea of the red for night use less visable.

FireBlade
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Was it new or used and what did you give for it, if you don't mind me asking?  I passed on some 17 police trade in's a couple years ago being short on cash at the time. wish I hadn't now.

I think you shot my 30 at Tom Bean...can you compare the two as to felt recoil and grip thickness. It's been awhile since I held or shot a 17.

Gopher,
I paid $439.00 for mine from Doc Walther's at the Market Hall show.
That price was with 2-10 rounders as the other prices were higher by $20.00 for 1-17 rounder and $40.00 for 2-17 rounders.
I had bought a few 17 round LE Demo's from CDNN for $14.95 each so I went with the cheaper priced one which also was the only OD Green one there!

After testing (feeling) several, if not all, models of the Glock pistols I came to the conclusion that all the double stacks were pretty much the same grip size.
All the full sized ones were the same and all the compacts were the same.
I wasn't looking for a single stack model but I believe they were all the same size also.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Congrats on acquiring my favorite pistol

There's a huge aftermarket of parts, "upgrades", and accessories for the Glock, especially the 17.  I'm on my 2nd Glock 17 now (sold the first one then got another one down the road).  IMHO - don't do anything to it.  Stick some tritium night sights on it if that suits your needs, stick with plain 17 round factory Glock mags, and maybe buy a rail-mount flashlight for it, and leave it alone.  I actually like the relatively new Glock-brand flashlight on mine, but lots of people would disagree and get a Surefire or something.  A stock Glock 17 is your freind, it's an  incredibly reliable gun in stock form  and safe as long as you don't stick your finger where it doesn't belong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top