Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 11:44:03 AM EDT
I may live in Texas, but I still bleed red.

Way to go Sooners!!!

You cant spell slut without UT.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, my defending National Champs got their asses handed to them ast week by UGA, so our season is shot to hell, but I can't wait to hear all the wailing and gnashing of teeth here in Austin for the next few weeks or so.

Then the inevitable euphoria sets back in after a few wins against meaningless opponents, with everyone + dog trying to figure out how UT is gonna have the "angle" on the national championship. Hopefully, there's another loss in UT's future as to shut those diehards up too. UT will not win squat with Mack Brown coaching.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cant spell slut without UT.  

You can't spell shut out with out UT either.

Can't spell cocksucker without OU too.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Red River Shutout!!

5 in a ROW!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]

UT will not win squat with Mack Brown coaching.

Mack is a genius.  We love Mack.  

He has been the best thing for OU errr Texas football in years.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I must say though, while Texas's offense was left wanting, the defense surely kicked ass.

Holding OU to 12 points with a new 1st year coordinator and new defensive scheme is something to be said.

Now all there is to do is watch OU blow the championship.  

'Till next year!  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#13]
It's always "wait until next year" with Texas! Next year will be six in a row cause Adrain isn't going anywhere!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Now all there is to do is watch OU blow the championship.

And when was the last time Texas actually played in one?????    

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#15]

the defense surely kicked ass.

You must be referring to OUs defense.  You know, the one that held Cedrick under 100 yards and the one that pitched the 1st shutout in 25+ years.

I say that as you cant be referring to the Texas defense.  You remember, the one that allowed a true freshman to run for 225 yards.  

Stick with the "wait til next year" comments, its all you got at this point.      

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I say we got Bob Stoops and you have Smack Brown.....nuff said!!

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Could have been worse. You could be in Nebraska tonight. Losing 70 to 10 to Texas effin Tech cant be good for one coaching longevity.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice to see that OU fans respect their opponents.  

One day the tide will turn, and when it does, I will make sure to throw any respect I may have had for OU out the window.  Thanks for being typical OU fans.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

One day the tide will turn, and when it does, I will make sure to throw any respect I may have had for OU out the window.  Thanks for being typical OU fans.  

Gimme a break. If UT had won, you'd be rubbing their noses in it just the same. It's a rivalry. No quarter will be given, none is expected.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gimme a break. If UT had won, you'd be rubbing their noses in it just the same. It's a rivalry. No quarter will be given, none is expected.

You'd think.

But for some, like me, the outcome doesn't really matter.  I like good football games, and that was a good football game no matter what angle you look at it from.

Peterson was a hell of a running back.  Derrick Johnson is a beast of a linebacker.  Oklahoma's recievers are good.  Texas's corners stepped it up.  

True I would root for UT no matter what, but I have always, even back in the day when we used to win these things, given OU credit where credit is due.

I just think that it is hard to talk objectively about a game for some people when a rivalry is involved.  Just wait, when UT does win this next year, I will give OU credit, cause odds are Peterson will still run all over us.  

But hey, that's just me.  Guess I am a nice guy.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey Mattld,

PLEASE don't put me in the same group as the other OU fans.

I Sooner born, Sooner bred, an when I die I'm Sooner dead....but definitely not a jerk about OU's win this week.

Dave

Class of '97

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey Mattld,

PLEASE don't put me in the same group as the other OU fans.

I Sooner born, Sooner bred, an when I die I'm Sooner dead....but definitely not a jerk about OU's win this week.

Dave

Class of '97

Nah.

I was just joking above.  I know that the above comments were made by Sooner fans, but they are not (or at least hope not) the kind of fans that I have seen before.

I would like for UT to have won, but since they didn't, I am not gonna go jump off a bridge over it.  

Guess I am not die-hard enough to be a true UT fan even though I attend UT.  

I have to give OU credit for the win.  They got it done when it needed to happen.  Texas had some chances but never capitalized.

I just made an objective comment about the Texas defense stepping it up and holding OU to only 12 points and the OU fans come out of the woodwork.  

But like Zhukov said, I should assume that no matter how object I am, it won't matter, because this is a rivalry, and in rivalry's the only thing that matters is who wins.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Feel fre to chime in on my thread here...

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=125&t=281143

Go Sooners
sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics7/0/QI/QIJCLTQXKMGPOUF.20040819212751.gif

But the game did bore the shit out of me.
I was wanting to see an ass whoopin like last year...and the year before that.

Yeah Yeah...y'all won...congrats....

I agree, that was a boring game. I was flipping back and forth between the Astros and it.....

How bout them Astros!!?!?!!?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top