Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 3:51:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Went last weekend.  
The weather was perfect - not the usual Texas Fair weather Thankfully.
The new Fletcher Spicy corny dogs were good.  Expensive but good.  
If you go check out the new Ford GT.  That is one sweet car.  All you need is and extra 142K to take one home.
Best Regards
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Only reason to go is for the corn dogs an funnel cakes.  When I realized how much they ended up costing I haven't been back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm taking the chitlins tomorrow! If I happen to see you I'll definately buy you a stiff drink
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it would be a great place for target practice
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Only reason to go is for the corn dogs an funnel cakes.  When I realized how much they ended up costing I haven't been back.

If they would put it in a better Neighborhood, Or clean up the one it is in, I'd go and take my kids. I haven't been in about 12 years.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Corn dogs, funnel cakes, and OU kicking the crap out of Texas for five years in a row.  

Got to love the State Fair!!!  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its a pretty boring game right now. But I have faith in OU.

You wearing your game day outfit?
www.thecarpetbaggerltd.com/images/product/03i.jpg
www.soonerclothes.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/1048GCK.W.jpg

Too bad it rained today! No corndog for me
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone?

C'mon, y'all who are new here to Dallas, and never been, you just HAVE to go!

It's a required 'rite of passage' in Texas.

Eric The(Busload)Hun

Time and budget constraints forced me to choose between taking the kid to Gunstock or the State Fair.

We'll see you at Gunstock!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#13]
How come you haven't just asked people from this board to wrangle your kids with you? Seems like a fair amount of family people from TX here. Do the Safety in numbers kind of thing.

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they would put it in a better Neighborhood, Or clean up the one it is in, I'd go and take my kids. I haven't been in about 12 years.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

During the week in the daylight is not bad at all. CHL's are allowed too.  Find some coupons though to help with the overpriced admission.  Ya know the food aint cheap.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a great place to go with kids, and despite what the coupons say, the nice little old ladies that run the ticket stands will take multiple coupons.  As far as the claims that it's in a bad neighborhood, they have thorough police coverage and CHLs are allowed, as well.  I didn't feel uneasy about being there in the least.  I doubt I would go without kids, but the Children's Hospital petting zoo and the deep fried ________ makes it worth a yearly trip.  There are great photo spots throughout, as well.

Edited to add:  Oh yeah, as long as I'm there, I like to go to the auto show.  And yes, I did catch the Ford GT.  Had to excuse myself for a few minutes...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, that Ford GT is pretty hot.  For those that haven't seen it, here's a pic.  Click on the pic to see a bit more:
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#18]
took the kids Friday...

we all had a great time..
Kids LOVED the "Birds of the world show"

it was a little pricey..but worth it..

Wanted to get on  the Texas Star but the line was so freaking long!!!!!!!!!!

didnt try the full auto bb guns this year..... I wanted to so BAD ... but I knew it was pointless  < anyone ever win? >
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
took the kids Friday...

we all had a great time..
Kids LOVED the "Birds of the world show"

it was a little pricey..but worth it..

Wanted to get on  the Texas Star but the line was so freaking long!!!!!!!!!!

didnt try the full auto bb guns this year..... I wanted to so BAD ... but I knew it was pointless  < anyone ever win? >

its impossible!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I almost always win.  The trick is to fire in the shortest burst possible and to only work on the outline of the star.  Don't waste BBs in the center of the star.  You should be able to knock most of the star out with about half of the BBs.  Use the second half of the BBs to try to knock off the little shreds of red star that are still hanging around the hole that you shot out...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hell, that's the only thing I CAN win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top