Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 8:47:26 PM EDT
Be honest we do. Were else would you rather live?Well maybe arizona.Because their gun laws are very laxed.Did you know a normal joe no ccw could go into any store or bussines strapped with a 6 on the side or now and days a auto9 /40 IN PLAIN VIEW etc.A marked police car could be outside that store it dont matter.Well other then that benifit texas is just as good as arizona.We got it good down here.It takes time... Maybe one day we will have laws like that. Soon I hope. Today times are looking good for the gun owners all over the country with alot of the states supporting ccw.Soon maybe we will defeat the bullshit laws.So on that note Vote.Bush  04....And support Nra...Guns save your life and your neighbors too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
We can legally walk around with a rifle or shotgun slung over our shoulder (unless the law was changed in the last year or so). However, we would most certainly get arrested or 'talked to' on the grounds of causing some kind of disturbance.  

But, yeah, either here or AZ would be best.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Texas is better for 2 reasons I can think of, probably more.

1) More jobs (more population centers)

2) It is it's own Country, when necessary.  

You can throw all kinds of other stuff, like all the natural resources, larger geographic area.

I've never felt the PRIDE ofbeing an Arizonan when I lived there.

TXLewis

God Bless Texas

Damn Straight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe if you were to walk around with a rifle/shotgun slung over your shoulder in "public" and it wasn't at a gun show, gun shop, range or hunting area, you could get busted for "Rude display of firearms".

Lawyers in the house? Is that the law?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe if you were to walk around with a rifle/shotgun slung over your shoulder in "public" and it wasn't at a gun show, gun shop, range or hunting area, you could get busted for "Rude display of firearms".

No such law.

Police might get called, might question you, but in the end, the police let you go, cause you broke no laws.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I believe that  the state would have to prove an INTENT to cause fear.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
There was an article about public display in TSRA mag recently.  To display a firearm in public in a way calculated to cause alarm is disturbing the peace.  The pro gun lawyer who wrote the article said in plain language if youre trying to scare people by displaying it youre breaking the law.  If someone sees one in your truck or drives by your property & sees you carrying one & panics over nothing you have not broken the law.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we should adopt the laws of arizona open in plain view sight a pistol on the side or leg strap.After all ain't texas a wild west state.Actually be honest in all truth crimes would go down lower and all.Maybe I don't get the entire picture.Maybe someday the future is brighter. Who knows just wishful thinking could turn true...I sure like the fact that  i was able to walk into any bussiness with a glock 9/19 and a Colt King Corbra .357 straped in plain view  DAY LIGHT and even walked in front of a police car 2 cops inside. No words were exchanged at all....Not saying that I would do this all the time Wickenburg arizonia.At the time.I was on a quail hunting trip.Had my trusty 12g on hand..But wow thoose are some rights to bear arms..And It sure felt good...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top