Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 4:35:45 PM EDT
Whats up with wells range, went out there yesterday, and they have added some wood to the over hang, now the barrel on my 16inch ar does not go past the over hang and wow does it make it loud,
some poor kid was beside me, and what was his first time out shooting with his dad and it
scared the hell out of him, the poor kid started to cry, I apoligized to the dad up and down, and then
moved down to the 25 yard so it would'nt bother them. When I ask the range kid what was the
new stuff was for he did'nt have a clue, does anyone know why they added the wood to the over hang for, the steel over hang was just fine to keep the sun out of your eyes
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh, no idea.  I haven't been there in a couple of months.  I wonder why the extra over hang...??
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
about month or so ago they put up a decent steel over hang on all of the rifle range.
you could shoot all afternoon without the sun hitting your scope, until 2 weeks ago they added
another over hang attached the the steel one, if your shooting an AR with a 30 round mag, its
almost impossible, looks like got to get some 20 rounders
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The last time I was there the woman in the range office was really anal, she was hollering out on the speaker "one shot every three seconds or you will be made to leave". And that was a couple of months ago, there was just that tin roof overhang. I didn't like it at all.
And the spotting scopes are a joke.

Renee
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The last time I was there the woman in the range office was really anal, she was hollering out on the speaker "one shot every three seconds or you will be made to leave". And that was a couple of months ago, there was just that tin roof overhang. I didn't like it at all.
And the spotting scopes are a joke.

Renee

To call them spotting scopes is an insult to spotting scopes...What junk...
I think they are trying to make the place look a bit better only so that when they sell off to the developers they can act like it was a thiving business.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:10:18 AM EDT
[#5]
i was there the other day and noticed that my friends muzzle flash was burning the wood overhang. now that was funny shit and yeah it does make it way louder
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have shot out there for years.  The lady has been anal about rapid fire for the past couple of years.  I don't know of any ranges open to the public that allow rapid fire.......

They put the wood slants down so people could not shoot over the back stop.  (There were some idiots out there shooting over the back stop a few months ago.)  

The owner (the anal lady) has been fighting lawsuits to keep her range open for several years now because of the new subdivisions being built beyond the range.  Idiots shooting over the backstop are not helping the situation.

Believe me, she doens't like being anal but she has to do what she has to do to keep her range open.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Many years ago, rapid fire was allowed at Hot Wells.  Then yahoos started putting rounds over the berm, so rapid fire was only allowed on weekdays when there were fewer shooters and the ROs had fewer people to watch.  Then the same yahoos started showing up during the week and putting rounds over the berm, so rapid fire was banned completely.  

I've been shooting there for years as well.  The folks who own the range are really good people, but as usual, a group of idiots screwed it up for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have shot out there for years.  The lady has been anal about rapid fire for the past couple of years.  I don't know of any ranges open to the public that allow rapid fire.......

Sportsman's Outlet in Humble , it may only be an indoor range but they don't care
about rapid fire at all & yes you can shoot any centerfire rifle calbers there if you want

I've saw a guy shoot a Barrett .50cal in there  once
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#9]
i went to sportsman outdoors before. shocked the living shit out of me when they said i could shoot whatever i wanted in there and whatever ammo i wanted too.  

its pretty nice out there, just far as hell from where i am at
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top