Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 11:12:12 AM EDT
I bought my safe from Carter's Country (yeah I know they are assholes) and did it on their 12 months no interest plan.  I wash satisfied with the plan and paid it off early.  Are there any other shops in the Houston or Beaumont area that have similar plans with a better inventory of evil rifles?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Pro-Defense on NASA Rd. 1 has a credit plan for LEO.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
while most are assholes at the pasadena store, my dad works there and he's a real nice guy, Gilbert is the real asshole.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Years ago, I purchased guns with the Carter's "no Interest" plan.  I would recommend you shop there on a regular basis, and know their prices before this special sales starts.  They generally raise the prices to pay the interest charges.  Bought my first AR from the Pasadena store and the price increased 18% the day before the sale.  I didn't care, I had to have that AR.
Nevertheless, they are pretty good folks even though Bill is a, ahh don't get me started.........
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Most of the time I save up my money and do my buying at gunshows, but that no interest plan was very painless and it kept the wife off my ass.  I've bought my safe and a Beretta 92FS from Carters that way.  The 92FS was $519 with a 15 rnd mag, that  was three years ago and seemed like a good price.  I was just curious to see if any other establishments had a similar plan.  It's probably a good thing that there are not very many of the plans at other shops or I'd be in debt.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you considered lay away? I can't tell you how many firearms I've purchased on lay away.
A lot of shops are pretty lenient about down payment as well. Many a time I've walked into a shop
with only $20 in my pocket, and found that " I must have that".
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have you considered lay away? I can't tell you how many firearms I've purchased on lay away.
A lot of shops are pretty lenient about down payment as well. Many a time I've walked into a shop
with only $20 in my pocket, and found that " I must have that".

+1

I went to school in Nacogdoches and the Ture Value hardware store had lay-away.  It was great for buying guns if you lived on campus.  I'd set it up so that the last payment was on the last day of  the smester.  I'd mast my payment and pick up my gun on the way home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top