Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks fun, but it seems like a long drive for a shoot.  Even with a FABULOUS cast of characters such as the folks on this board.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks fun, but it seems like a long drive for a shoot.  Even with a FABULOUS cast of characters such as the folks on this board.

My thought too. We can shoot plenty in Texas without going too far...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It ain't about the shoot.  Hell, boys, that's like saying you go to a titty bar for the beer, or read Playboy for the articles.

It is about the people you meet.

TRG

Ever seen the Houston get together pics? We meet plenty of people. Sometimes even on Tuesdays(Yes a weekday!)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, since I am working in Central Texas, I will probably go, it depends on my work schedule.  Do we have to pre-register, or can we pay the day of?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A LONG drive ? Are you friggin nuts?

GIBrat, the Gloftoes and I drove TWENTY-FOUR HOURS to go to Bulletfest in Ohio. And you can't/won't drive up from whereever to hang out, shoot and get drunk?

Jeez.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't make it. Bought Raffle tickets though. I've got a SCUBA Rescue Diver class that weekend.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can't make it. Bought Raffle tickets though. I've got a SCUBA Rescue Diver class that weekend.

Rescue Diver is a cool class. It's even slightly better than Divemaster class in my opinion - IF you've got a good instructor.

Now back to your regular thread....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It ain't about the shoot.  Hell, boys, that's like saying you go to a titty bar for the beer, or read Playboy for the articles.

TRG

Oh, you mean there gonna be wet t-shirt contests and stuff?

~Crp
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Is Gunstock only once a year?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I simply CANNOT imagine that there are ANY Texas ARFCOMERS who are NOT coming to Gunstock!

Has our great State fallen so wickedly as to become a refuge for Lacklusters and Ne'er-do-wells?

If you can't make it to Waco for Gunstock for legitimate reasons, then you are forgiven.

If you don't make it simply for stupid reasons....just do us both a favor and don't tell me.

Eric The(TakingNamesAndPayingOtherFolksToKickSomeAsses)Hun

I was planning on making it this year. Unfortunately I ship out Oct 21.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I simply CANNOT imagine that there are ANY Texas ARFCOMERS who are NOT coming to Gunstock!

Has our great State fallen so wickedly as to become a refuge for Lacklusters and Ne'er-do-wells?

If you can't make it to Waco for Gunstock for legitimate reasons, then you are forgiven.

If you don't make it simply for stupid reasons....just do us both a favor and don't tell me.

Eric The(TakingNamesAndPayingOtherFolksToKickSomeAsses)Hun

As a matter of fact, Yes.

And I'm bringin shhotin irons with me!!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#20]
We're having a baby within the next week or so.  Somehow I doubt a weekend shooting trip would be encouraged by my better half.

I'll do my best to be there next year.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We're having a baby within the next week or so.  Somehow I doubt a weekend shooting trip would be encouraged by my better half.

I'll do my best to be there next year.

I have been assured that there will be paramedics there.  So you can bring your wife.  If she has the baby there, she will be in the best of  hands.  I mean, who would you trust more, a paramedic, or a doctor named Dilpak?  Also, if the baby is born there, you could name it Arfy.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Of course, this IS a good thing, if you are attracted to Anorexic Male Versions of Sinead O'Connor With a Slightly Retarded Look.

I wonder who coined that phrase????? Hmmmmmm........
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#29]
i didn't fire a SINGLE shot at gunstock 2003.............too busy BBQing and drinking beer and bullshitting with all the people i'd pissed off online leading up to it

and i'll be there to do it again this year
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#31]
AAARRRRGGHHH!!!  I finally get moved to a free state and I'm stuck on call on the weekend of Gunstock!  ETH, TRG, and all y'all (did I get that righthug.gif)  Have a great time.  This damned yankee will be thinking of ya.  Maybe I'll have to go out to the local range and blast a few commie terrorist coke cans in honor of the event.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#32]
<double tap>
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We're having a baby within the next week or so.  <snip>

I have been assured that there will be paramedics there.  So you can bring your wife.  If she has the baby there, she will be in the best of  hands.  I mean, who would you trust more, a paramedic, or a doctor named Dilpak?

Very encouraging, and a line of reason that might sway me (but not my wife).  Actually, there's a very good chance she'll have had the baby by then, which makes even LESS likely that I'll get out of the house.

Also, if the baby is born there, you could name it Arfy.  

I already have a daughter with the initials "AK."  I lobbied to name this one "Eugene" or "Eugenia" (depending on gender), but unsurprisingly that got vetoed.  

I also tried "John Moses" and "Townes" (no gun connection, but a strong Texas connection) with no luck.  But this one is supposed to be a girl, and a girl named Moses probably wouldn't be too popular.

Hope all of you have fun in Waco.  Stop by Tony Demaria's for some barbeque if you get a chance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

I don't really like people.  +1 about the drive and not having to go very far to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AAARRRRGGHHH!!!  I finally get moved to a free state and I'm stuck on call on the weekend of Gunstock!  ETH, TRG, and all y'all (did I get that right)  Have a great time.  This damned yankee will be thinking of ya.  Maybe I'll have to go out to the local range and blast a few commie terrorist coke cans in honor of the event.

'Damned Yankee'?

Son, if you are presently living in Texas, and you love living in Texas, you are no longer a 'Damn Yankee.'

You are a Damn Texan!

And don't you forget that!

Eric The('notherDamnTexan)Hun

I am gonna have to cast a dissenting vote here, ETH.

My ass may be in Texas, but my attitude will always be from Nuevo York.

I retain my own claim to Damn Yankee  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

I don't really like people.  +1 about the drive and not having to go very far to shoot.

good sir, i'll have you know that i am the author behing ARFCOMs "i hate people" rant series...............
i'll have you damn well know as well however, that ARFCOM members are of a different breed
your loss
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#39]
No offense guys, really, I just don't stray far from the homestead.  I hope y'all have a fun, safe time.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Damned Yankee'?

Son, if you are presently living in Texas, and you love living in Texas, you are no longer a 'Damn Yankee.'

You are a Damn Texan!

And don't you forget that!

Eric The('notherDamnTexan)Hun

Well, I am living in Texas. (Just bought a house here, in fact.  First time homeowner, woohoo!)

I do love living in a state that has a much better attitude about guns than my home state. (MI)

So, sir, I humbly accept the title of Texan, and pledge to uphold and defend the honor of my adopted state. (but Michigan will always be home.  My momma/grandma would whup my backside if I didn't remember the way home once in a while, and unlike a few others of my age group, I learned to RESPECT my elders.)

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#42]
what's snow?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A LONG drive ? Are you friggin nuts?

GIBrat, the Gloftoes and I drove TWENTY-FOUR HOURS to go to Bulletfest in Ohio. And you can't/won't drive up from whereever to hang out, shoot and get drunk?

Jeez.

You drive too slow!!! Only took me 17 hours!!!!

GUYS.  This is not just a shoot.  This is your chance to meet some of the folks who have us in stitches year round.  

Fuck, I only shot about 50 rounds last year.
The only reason I am taking guns this year is to loan to travelers who don't bring their own.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Ya know, Eric, Some of us LIKE the snow (in moderation, of course.)
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Just 'cause 'yall can't drive in the snow, doesn't mean that it can't be done.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#47]
ORIG POSTED BY RED GOAT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Looks fun, but it seems like a long drive for a shoot. Even with a FABULOUS cast of characters such as the folks on this board.

It ain't about the shoot. Hell, boys, that's like saying you go to a titty bar for the beer, or read Playboy for the articles.

TRG

It's not a shoot, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE!!!LONG LIVE THE LOST TRACTOR!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Snow gets old in 24 hours.

A week would undo me.

Eric The(CabinFeaver)Hun

Naaa Man, it gives you a reason to fire up the 4x4's and 4x4 ATVs!

Were so used to not having ice/snow that when it finally happens they call all the squad cars in unless theres an emergency...And me running the streets is not such! LOL...I wish to get completely snowed in for a week.

Quoted:
this IS a good thing, if you are attracted to Anorexic Male Versions of Sinead O'Connor With a Slightly Retarded Look.

No, No...I'll pass, but thank you so much for the invitation.

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top