Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 5:51:36 PM EDT
Does anyone if there's a good place to shoot rifles near Granbury?  I'm looking for a place to plink when I drop the munchkin off to visit her grandparents.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious to so when I visit my parents...

I've heard there is a decent place in Glen Rose, about 15 minutes from Granbury
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I grew up in Granbury and we would always go out to friends ranches to shoot.  We did go out to Uncle George's off SH 144.  They had a 25 and 100 yard rifle as well a pistol range.  I haven't been out there in years but I'm guessing it is still open.  Found this - might give it a try first.  Hope it helps.  Last time I checked, there weren't any ranges in Granbury, but it has been a while.  And it will take you about 30 minutes to get to the one in Glen Rose.

Link

Nick
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I'll check it out the next time I'm out there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard there is a fairly new range near Joshua, which is next to Cleburne, which is pretty close Granbury and Glen Rose.

Anybody familiar with that one?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a new (about a year old) indoor range about two thirds of the way to Benbrook on Hwy 377.  I'm new to the area, but I've heard that little community being called "Whiskey Flats" (it's that little area where the titty bar is...).

On Target Firearms Training Academy Inc.
13820 Hwy 377 S.
Fort Worth, TX 76126
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
    try tacpro shooting center.  I-20 west to exit 370, then south on 108 to stevenville about 5 miles, turn left at the  TACPRO sign.   They have 1000 yard, 100 yard, 200 yard,3 25 yard, 2 50 yard, and a tower.  Open 7 days a week, and the owners are friendly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top