Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 4:37:09 PM EDT
Anybody shoot out there?  A guy I use to work with said he shoots there all the time.  I'm looking for an open area with good backstop I can shoot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard at one time it was closed to everything except shotguns.  This happened during Clintons reign.  I cant say for sure what the current status is but if you find out please let me know.  Thanks,  DAVE
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a big place to shoot 10 years ago, but then they cut down about 99% of the acreage, didn't know anybody still went out there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This was about a year and a half ago when I talked to this guy.  I never did go with him.  Guess I'll call around and see what I can find out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is some info on the place:
Caddo Grasslands

Snip from the website:
FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED. Hunting is limited to shotguns, muzzleloaders and archery. Unit 3 is open to target shooting with shotguns; and hunting and camping are permitted.

be safe,
Leonard
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here is some info on the place:
Caddo Grasslands

Snip from the website:
FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED. Hunting is limited to shotguns, muzzleloaders and archery. Unit 3 is open to target shooting with shotguns; and hunting and camping are permitted.

be safe,
Leonard

It would appear no target shooting aside from shotguns.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anybody shoot out there?  A guy I use to work with said he shoots there all the time.  I'm looking for an open area with good backstop I can shoot.

you may want to inquire about that subject with ETH. If I am not mistaken his place is out that way.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got off the phone with the field office, NO target shooting.  Hunting with archery, black powder or shotgun only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top