Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 5:34:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
So much for "Everything is Bigger in Texas"!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been wanting to take a roadtrip.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Can I buy rifles out of state? Any unknown hassles doing this?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
damned double tap
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you can buy any long gun. Just not hand guns since you are out of state.

What about arranging with an FFL dealer and getting numerous copies of their FFL to take with us for handguns? Or shanghai an FFL to go with us?

wganz

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I made reservations at the Doubletree yesterday ! WOO HOO !!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you can buy any long gun. Just not hand guns since you are out of state.

What about arranging with an FFL dealer and getting numerous copies of their FFL to take with us for handguns? Or shanghai an FFL to go with us?

wganz

That might work....the FFL deal....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Having worked that gun show in the past, your best bet is to go in together and get a table (if you still can) and buy extra dealers badges. This will give you access on Friday evening as well, you would be supprised at the deals found befor the public get in on Saturday morning. In the past I've been able to snatch up some pretty good shit that I made a good profit on the next day. Your FFL would also profit in this, being that he would be able to defer the cost of the table to the rest of the group and actualy get a fair amount of business.  The group would have a place to dump their shit and rest their feet. It's a damned big show and you really need all three days to take it in. Very good deals on reloading supplies and ammo, especialy with dealer badges.

I would recommend the Rib Crib (try the hot bbq sauce) for dinners and the Village Inn for breakfasts. Hit the grocery store for lunch crap, the concession stand is as bad as Market Hall, but they did sell BEER last time I was there.   32 golf out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd be in mind for a reunion/Fun Show Crawl, s'long as some folks were planning to stay at least one night.  Tulsa is about a 10 hour drive from the chilly wastes of CheeseLand.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
can't go, using my play days for gunstock.  Have a great time guys.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Crap! Just found this post.

Who's going from the Austin area? There's a slim chance
I could still pull this off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top