Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 1:31:47 PM EDT
Well I'm finally breaking down and buying my first ar  (since my ak was a fiasco).  Of couse I want to get the best bang for my buck.  I'm looking for either a Bushmaster or RRA in an A2 cinfiguration.  What's a normal price in my area?  I've checked a couple of dealers but they still have preban prices and online prices are way off from what would be available to me.  Anyone got a guesstamet?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I paid $750 for my M-15 A4 (flat top) Armalite brand new.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ok where? The cheapest I've found was a neutered bushmaster a3 for 950.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well I'm finally breaking down and buying my first ar  (since my ak was a fiasco).  Of couse I want to get the best bang for my buck.  I'm looking for either a Bushmaster or RRA in an A2 cinfiguration.  What's a normal price in my area?  I've checked a couple of dealers but they still have preban prices and online prices are way off from what would be available to me.  Anyone got a guesstamet?

My post ban M4 was $880, RRA, USP marked lower and green hardware. Included the ARMS 40L sight.
Pete at Legal Transfers in NH. He is on this list in the equipment exchange.

Renee
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My post ban M4 was $880, RRA, USP marked lower and green hardware. Included the ARMS 40L sight.
Pete at Legal Transfers in NH. He is on this list in the equipment exchange.

Renee

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bayou Bend Gunshop. The guy that owns it is named Joe. I have bought three guns from him and he has always been cheeper than say Carters and he cool to talk to about AR's. I know he's got an Olimpic for $730 and a Bushmaster for $750 and a Bushy M-4 for $800. His shop is outside of Cleveland,TX 281-592-5158
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bayou Bend Gunshop. The guy that owns it is named Joe. I have bought three guns from him and he has always been cheeper than say Carters and he cool to talk to about AR's. I know he's got an Olimpic for $730 and a Bushmaster for $750 and a Bushy M-4 for $800. His shop is outside of Cleveland,TX 281-592-5158

thanks, I won't shop at Carters anyways.  I went once and that was enough.  I asked about fals and other milsurps and was told they don't sell them because they don't want to attract "those people".  He then proceed to hit on my g/f right in front of me and stare at her chest.  If I wanted that kind of treatment I'd just go to a bar.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't see how Carters stay in buissness. I guess there is still alot of gullable people out there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The best prices are at the larger gun shows.  Usually...

Joe
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun shows, Schramm's and Bachman are runnning the lowest I've seen lately.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Check with Coz_45.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Sportsmans Shooting Center.

Best prices...ever?  

The End.

-Tyler
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a lady who sells Rock River uppers and lowers at all the Houston shows, lots of configuration options to choose from that way.  I'd go that route for sure if I was just getting started and for that matter I'll buy my next rifle that way.

Rock River is great quality and a good value.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There's a lady who sells Rock River uppers and lowers at all the Houston shows, lots of configuration options to choose from that way.  I'd go that route for sure if I was just getting started and for that matter I'll buy my next rifle that way.

She sells the uppers: www.texasstargroup.com

He sells the lowers:  www.lonestarwholesale.com

Great people, very helpful.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

very good people and helpful too. i have bought 4 maybe five lowers from him and about 2 or 3 uppers from her. very nice products. she sells rra and i believe model1 uppers
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

very good people and helpful too. i have bought 4 maybe five lowers from him and about 2 or 3 uppers from her. very nice products. she sells rra and i believe model1 uppers

Agreed, very nice people and a pleasure to do business with.  I'm sold on the RR uppers after buying one from her earlier this year, got a CAR A4 midlength handguard w/wilson stainless 1:8 barrel and a weaver gas block.  It handles and shoots beautifully with an Aimpoint sight.  Now all I need to do is get it threaded for a Phantom FH.

He hooked me up with a RR two stage trigger that I installed in a BM lower and paired with the new A4 upper.  Damn nice rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top