Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 7:16:44 AM EDT
Hi all,
I am LEO in Mesquite and was working Sunday when the calls came in about the BMVs at Big Town.  I was working another district and did not make it to the scene.  I don't know how much property was taken, but I do know that several vehicles were hit ( I think 12 or more).  

The promoters are not paying LEO to patrol the parking lot off duty, however I am disappointed that the district units did not catch any of this is progress.  Just like many of you this makes me sick!  I attended Big Town until I started working weekends.  I can't go into any details, because I really don't have any.  I don't know of any suspect information.  

I did work the BMVs at the gun show at the Mesquite Rodeo Arena a month are so ago and it is possibly the same suspect(s).  I believe that its probably an organized group, instead of juvenile punks out for a thrill.  I personally talked to a promoter about hiring some LEO to patrol the lot and he indicated that he would.  We will see.

If you ever come across someone suspicious at one of the shows, call it in.  It would make my day to accommodate one these suspects in our  jail.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey SugarD!

Thanks for the "inside info".  I usually miss the shows too cuz I'm out of town (truck driver).  I know I'm speaking for the rest of the group when I say thanks.

Be safe, man!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top