Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 3:35:57 PM EDT
So yesterday, we had 5-6 (accounts vary even from our own security staff) get vandalized in the company parking lot.  Today we have a truck stolen from the parking lot.  I just happened to be coming back into the office when I noticed him driving crazy and thought it was my friend.  It was his truck, but not him driving it.  that's when I noticed the broken extended cab window and gave chase.  Guy outran me and I didn't have my gun because last month my car got broken into in the parking lot.  Three months ago they stole a C5 Corvette by putting it on a flatbed.  And our security guys are left sitting there with their thumbs up their asses.l

It's apparently happenning all over Irving now.  I sure wish they'd catch the fuckers, because they're getting worse.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did you have a cell phone with you?

You might have been able to get the truck recovered if you had.

CJ

Had my cellphone, but didn't know for sure if it was a stolen car or one that was vandalized the day before.  Finally got in touch with my buddy and he walked to the lot to confirm it was his truck.  They recovered it yesterday at 4:00 PM in South Dallas, completely gutted and sitting on cinder blocks.  Wheels/tires, and all the interior was gone.  The guy had just gotten it out of the shop at 6pm on Monday, drove it to work Tuesday, and on Wednesday it's back in the shop.

Today we've got guys patrolling the parking lot.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit stolen from cars?  IN IRVING???  Ya don't say

Yeah, had my suburban broken into up there and my Hk and Beretta reeped off.

Oh well, what cha gonna do?  Just try to live smarter and better prepared.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Los Colinas = The Hills, I remember it well.

Honda used to have a training center there until the new one was built on 183 I think. I made many trips up that way years ago. My cousin works in the medical profession somewhere around there, and was telling me about the recent crime spree.

Is 'Cowboys' BBQ still open, or  is it a Korean grocery now ?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#5]
What's so amazing is how bad it's gotten so quickly.  We're right across the street from an Irving PD station, and the burglars don't care.  They've been hitting all the big businesses around the area as well.

We had a couple of cops around today as well as our own security people patrolling.  The theives will just slack off until they stop patrolling again.  Shit like this makes me want to get up on the rooftop with a rifle.  I cannot stand thieves.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top